• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is a Summa T750 SL still worth it today?

Terry W

I have a chance to pick up a Summa T750 SL for cheap. Would it still be worth getting? I mainly cut thicker sandblast mask but not very long. Maybe 48".

I have a Graphtec and do mainly etched glass right now. It would be nice to have 1 machine with a thinner blast mask and one with a thicker one.

What cutting software would I need? I design in Corel and cut with the qraphtec bridge software. Does Summa have a bridge program for that machine? Any major things to look for?

Thanks for any information.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Terry,

You would need to use Winplot with the older SummaSign machines, and it's important to note that replacement parts like mainboards, belts, motors, etc. are no longer available for that machine, so if it were to have any issues, there would be no way to remedy those. We(Airmark) might have some replacement cutting heads available(low inventory on those), and we also have blades, blade holders, pinch rollers, etc. if you need them. If you can snag it for cheap, might be worth pursuing if the cutter is operational.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com