• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it alright to display the vinyl brands you use on your website?

J

john1

I was wondering if it would be a big copyright deal to display the brands of material you use on your website.

I mean i know of a handful of customers who asked if i used 3M vinyl since 3M has a huge name in everything and would like to display 3M and oracals logos on my site as a ease of mind to those who do care.

Just something small i had in mind and wanted to see what you guys thought.

Thanks!

Custom_Grafx

Interesting topic... can't wait to see the legal technicalities of this one come up.

My opinion... it shouldn't matter... but then again... if you end up getting ALOT more business because you have their logo on your site or something - they could argue that you are benefiting from using their logo... lol.. gotta love the system!

Then again, mentioning that you use their products - how could that be a copyright issue?

I could see it becoming an issue if you had something like www.john1-3m-only.com and had a big 3M logo on the landing page etc.

I think something like "we at john1 signs, only use quality vinyls such as 3M, oracal bla bla" shouldn't cause any problems. You are simply providing your clients with information relative to their purchase.

Craig Sjoquist

Sees nothing wrong with it ... Company's do this everywhere display logos of brands they use or sell.. In fact you get asked to do advertising with these brands on businesses all the time, because they sell or use those brands, this is why logos are used.

Do not say I use or sell one brand and use and sell another of course.

signage

To be safe your best bet would be to contact them and ask, and then have them send you their logo for said use!