• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

is it ok to disparage a piece of equipment here? (enduralam owners, sorry)

njshorts

after a dedicated few months (10 hours running, max) of use, our enduralam stopped in the middle of a print and started smelling like (strong) smoke.

sw sent a new coil pack and speed control box w/base plate, still didnt fix the problem. fuse is good, power is flowing (verified at multiple points with my multimeter) but the thing just won't work. i can't place the smoke source, smells like the whole damn thing.

anyone had a similar experience? i'm quite annoyed at sw at the moment, while a few support people seem to care- the organization as a majority fits the standard bill of 'we don't care after the sale'.

fwiw, while it was running... worked well. cheap chinese crap, i'm guessing.

njshorts

also, if anyone has a laminator near lutz and wants to save my butt since i'm in the middle of a few short deadlines, i'll gladly make it up to ya at world of beer in land o lakes. i'll bring my own prints and lam.

Christian @ 2CT Media

At my old job we had an enduralam, worked like crap from day 1. We had to adjust the roller pressure balance monthly, the chain stretched and skipped off the gears, and ultimately the take up roll drive gear broke. We quickly replaced it with a SEAL PRO S and was amazed at the difference.

kirkbedtelyon

I've had a few minor problems with our enduralam but It's been running great for over 5 years (knock on wood). Saved over $10K not buying a Seal. I just cold lam though...No heat required.

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
so, is there going to be a slightly used laminator for sale cheap in the near future? :ROFLMAO:

njshorts

thread is old, problem was fixed... probably should've mentioned the fix.

replaced the board and a step-up, started working again... at least i have a handful of parts for the future owner.

AUTO-FX

It is baffling to me, the SW deal. I have a few interactions, and the guys I dealt with were great. How is it that such an outfit can let a few bad eggs ruin the whole batch? Especially in these economic times!

njshorts

It is baffling to me, the SW deal. I have a few interactions, and the guys I dealt with were great. How is it that such an outfit can let a few bad eggs ruin the whole batch? Especially in these economic times!

they dont (or didnt) have a laminator guy, so i had a plotter support guy helping (God bless him, he wasnt trained on the laminators). I cant say enough about their printer guy though... he's a freaking genius.

Jim Doggett

they dont (or didnt) have a laminator guy, so i had a plotter support guy helping (God bless him, he wasnt trained on the laminators). I cant say enough about their printer guy though... he's a freaking genius.

Our digital printer techs also work with our laminators. So it's odd that you were referred to a cutter tech. But regardless I'm sorry your experience was not what you expected of us. May I ask what it was in particular that you feel was so frustrating?

Thanks,

Jim Doggett

I've had a few minor problems with our enduralam but It's been running great for over 5 years (knock on wood). Saved over $10K not buying a Seal. I just cold lam though...No heat required.

Knock on wood indeed!!!! And thanks for mentioning your positive experience with Enduralam.

Best Regards,

Jim Doggett

We have some pretty great customers, too!!! :U Rock:

Thank you, Auto-FX!!!

kirkbedtelyon

I also used my Enduralam to slit 54" material down to 49". lol Worked great but I'm sure it added some wear to the motor. I'll continue to use it for laminating window perf even after the new 65" is delivered.

My only complaint is the lack of really good documentation or videos for setting up and using the laminator. I thought about youtubing some of the tricks we've learned over the past 5 years. Just never got around to it.