• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

It's not that I can't....

Bigdawg

Just Me
it's that I won't...

Got a call this morning from a lady... she had ordered 50 screenprinted 12x18 coro signs that were shipped to the wrong place for an event either tonight or tomorrow morning... is there any way we could produce those signs for her to replace the ones that are MIA? (Now keep in mind I don't screenprint coro in-house so these would be digital prints - no time to weed either)

So I tell her I could probably do that for her. She is ecstatic! So happy in fact that she says she'd do a hundred to make sure she had them and if the price is right. So I ask her to hold while I change computers to get her the pricing. I decide I'll be really nice and not charge a rush charge - just standard pricing and I tell her so... at which point she says "That's great... my budget is $200 for these signs..." At which point I tell her that I will not be able to accomodate her at that price... especially on a rush basis.

10 minutes later the phone rings again. A sign company across the state asking if we print coro in-house and if not -who locally might. I ask the nice lady if she is the one that shipped the signs to the wrong place... and indeed she is. I give her the name of the ONLY local supplier... and wish her luck.

$4 each for a rush job???? Including stakes???? I think not...

Bigdawg

Just Me
Knew you'd be here soon Mosh <waves from Florida>

So you offer same day turn-around for that price too? Wow... sure glad you and I don't have the same business model!

Bradster941

it's that I won't...

Got a call this morning from a lady... she had ordered 50 screenprinted 12x18 coro signs that were shipped to the wrong place for an event either tonight or tomorrow morning...

10 minutes later the phone rings again. A sign company across the state asking if we print coro in-house ...

So from the get go the local lady was using a company (Waaayyyyyy) far away instead of a local business.!!!

Guess she got what was coming to her. Wish you had made that point to her though.

Bigdawg

Just Me
So from the get go the local lady was using a company (Waaayyyyyy) far away instead of a local business.!!!

Guess she got what was coming to her. Wish you had made that point to her though.

LOL Brad... you know me... I did... but in a VERY nice way :smile:

ProWraps

at least you were lucky enough not to get the "its your obligatory duty to take my business" rant from her. it never ceases to amaze me how much sh*t i have to take from a customer when i turn their job down, for whatever reason.

i turn jobs down simply because the customer is an a$$hole. i just wont do business with them as its a productivity killer. then i get the same schpeal. "who are you to turn down business in this economy. how dare you!"

simply amazing.

tcorn1965

you should be a merchant member too....
Dan,
I am just the IT guy at a sign company. I would feel bad, if in doing so would take business away from the sign shops and member merchants of signs 101 that I enjoy being apart of. I would do anything to help out, and if if becoming a MM would do that...I would. Thoughts? I have been reading and taking away the knowledge of the members for several months now before I joined, I have been with my company for 2 years now and am just amazed at all that is involved in getting that finished product out the door. I wish I was as creative as most on this site...I am not. As part as my training I sold the products, everyone in production would mess with me, when I sold a sign I wanted to be down in production to see it come off the line, only because it gave me pride, I sold the sign, got the art approved, and I just knew I was apart of that, and this was the finished product, very satisfying.

SignManiac

tcorn, unless I'm mistaken, I don't believe Dan was referring to you about becoming a merchant member...But rather Mosh.

TheSnowman

Oh Mosh...the combines you could buy if you'd just charge normal pricing and not be a farmer that makes signs, but be a sign maker who farms.

As for Stacy, I had a guy come in Monday who wanted 100 Coro's by Wednesday. No big deal, I call I-45 and they say they can ship them out same day, so I can just pay two day shipping...like $75, which I don't think is too bad. He was thrilled I could do it, but when his price was over $100, he couldn't believe I'd want that much. I was like...dude, I'm not gonna do them for $100 if I have a year to do them.

It blows me away people are always in a hurry, but still want it for free. I guess our buddy Mosh helps set the public's mind for that though.