• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX200-1213 EX, The Tiny JFX200

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
When Mimaki talks about big announcements on new printers, I learning to be disappointed and/or confused. Like when they took a JV300 and put different colored plastics and a slightly modified parameter set on it and called it a DTF printer. Didn't even bother going to a modern printhead.

The tiny JFX200 is a weird one, 4x4ft bed, but otherwise identical to a JFX200-2513. The narrower drawer-style bottle station is interesting but seems to be an oddball given the price difference. Mimaki USA lists a JFX200-2513 EX for $69,995 versus the 1213EX for $64,995. Seems like a ton of real estate to sacrifice for under 10% price break. Limited space is one thing, sure, but seems to be to me a unit one builds a shop around to some degree for that kind of stuff. Transport, given the width of the carriage, will basically be unchanged (box truck will do ya). Not sure I am one to understand it, since I just rebuild flatbeds (2x JFX200s, JFX500, with another JFX200 and JFX500 on the way) and run them for weird stuff and one-offs for customers. We're a tad crazy compared to more traditional shops.

Anyone here giving the 1213 a serious look even after a head-to-head price comparison?

The heads and tech are great in my opinion, but it just feels like a bizarre design choice. Would've been pretty cool to see a new JFX500 type design to bridge the 200/600 divide, give it a modern reworked 6 head carriage and the like and offer it in a 4' x 8' bed.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
This latest round of new machines seem to be geared more towards start ups and smaller shops. They also just released the CJV200 where a 64" print/cut is $12k but much slower than the previous CJV150. I agree the price difference between the small JFX200 and the regular sized one is pretty minimal but they might be targeting shops that want a flatbed but don't have the room.