• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX200 2513EX White Ink Pooling at head

copage2002

Hi

Each Morning White Does not come through when printing. I look at the head and the white Ink has pooled underneath the head, I do a head fill from maintenance menu and it is then happy although the next day the problem is back.

I have done an Air purge.
Pressures are all reading correctly.
If I put the carriage to head maintenance and kill the power I do not see any ink leaking so either it is gradual or happens during its cleaning cycles

I recently changed a couple of boards on the Printer. One was one of the front INK boards.

On the EX the print boards are (INK System II Boards) they are different to the normal JFX200 and the EX has 2 rather than one (one is just a secondary board that had a few connections to it from the main Print board).

I struggled to get a INK System II Board but could get a normal JFX one and as only a couple connections to it and labelled the same I used that. All seemed fine so I am not sure if my problem is related to that or just a coincidence although it did happen around the same time.

When did the change of the Boards the printer went to a factory reset, could any parameters be causing the problem?, I am happy to go into the parameter menu but not sure what I am looking at really.

Also, If the capping station is not quite close enough could that cause the ink to seep? I doubt it but running out of options.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank You

Last edited:

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
I would check the pressure/vacuum manifold and make sure that there isn't ink in it. Also might be a subtank, those are a bit notorious for going bad compared to the ones in the non-EX version. Only had my EX a few weeks, so still learning as I rebuild the thing, but it is basically a 3 headed UCJV300 bolted to a bigass aluminum table with a bunch of holes drilled in it. Ink dripping tends to be due to subtank (or in certain printers, dampers) issues, so I tend to start there. A vacuum/pressure test is fine and all, but a stuck head 3 solenoid, or a plugged subtank can cause the pressure to stop at the hose.

copage2002

I would check the pressure/vacuum manifold and make sure that there isn't ink in it. Also might be a subtank, those are a bit notorious for going bad compared to the ones in the non-EX version. Only had my EX a few weeks, so still learning as I rebuild the thing, but it is basically a 3 headed UCJV300 bolted to a bigass aluminum table with a bunch of holes drilled in it. Ink dripping tends to be due to subtank (or in certain printers, dampers) issues, so I tend to start there. A vacuum/pressure test is fine and all, but a stuck head 3 solenoid, or a plugged subtank can cause the pressure to stop at the hose.
Thank you for your reply. When you say ink in the manifold, where exactly am I looking, sorry I might be misunderstanding? thanks again Richard

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
1727891394447.png

This guy here, vacuum/pressure manifold for subtanks. Should be clear tubing running to pressure and vacuum lines, as well as the subtank on each of the heads.