• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JPG -> Embroidery -> Vector

WildWestDesigns

I had mentioned this I think around Thanksgiving, but I actually had a jpg come in that would work converting from embroidery to vector.

The first picture is a png version of the jpg that I original got in the email.

The second is the actual manual digitizing of the sticker into embroidery for shirts and hats.

The third screenshot is the vector output of the file. I had changed the "TENNESSEE" fill to black to make it easier to see.

The last screen shot shows the issue of trying to get this to work with a DST file without a color stitch chart to go by.

Now the first, correctly colored, embroidery screen shot is actually of the native EMB format. Which is vector based, difference being is that it contains stitching information instead of strokes, fills etc. That information is used for the exporting phase then you get the embroidery file that is in the last screen shot.

Just thought y'all might be interested in seeing one from a rear world customer application, instead of one that I was using for Christmas ornaments.

Attachments

• Source File.png
    Source File.png
    321.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Embroidery.jpg
    Embroidery.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Vector.jpg
    Vector.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 37
  • DST Embroidery.jpg
    DST Embroidery.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 37

2B

WOW that is A LOT of toolbar menus on that last pic

Good coloring BTW

WildWestDesigns

WOW that is A LOT of toolbar menus on that last pic

Good coloring BTW

It does have a few toolbar menus that's for sure. While the vast majority of them are related to embroidery, this software does handle multi decoration methods for apparel. Some of those tool bars deal with Rhinestones and some handle Sequins. The other method it has it's print (DTG, sublimation, transfers) and cut vinyl. It handles the print and vinyl through CoralDraw x5 which is built into it. If you look at the screen shots around the top left quadrant you'll see two buttons, Design and Embroidery. Those are "toggle" buttons for the different interfaces.

Wow! That is fantastic (and looks exhausting)!

Thanks. It took about 2 hrs to manually digitize that pattern.

Justin

manually digitzing as manually tracing it? Also, why is it these programs always use corel draw, and not adobe illustrator?

Thanks

WildWestDesigns

manually digitzing as manually tracing it?

Very much like what the Vector Doctor does, just have to worry about some different things that apply to embroidery (underlay, compensation, stitch angles, density etc).

Also, why is it these programs always use corel draw, and not adobe illustrator?

The biggest advantage as far as I can tell is the ability to accept more files. Even if it's just one file (CDR). I have yet to see Ai CS5 properly render on my computer a CDR file. I actually don't have to worry about what file format that a customer sends me (except the poor quality raster thumbnail) as long as I'm current.

There is also the notion that Draw is more intuitive. I don't know, I learned off of Illustrator first, so it's hard for me to judge that. You are right, the "higher up" level of embroidery software seems to either interface with Draw or have a Draw-like interface moreso then Ai.

signswi

manually digitzing as manually tracing it? Also, why is it these programs always use corel draw, and not adobe illustrator?

Thanks

Sign industry bias, Corel has a strong grip due to the history of having better CAD like tools, "combative" threads on the subject all the time.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
It does have a few toolbar menus that's for sure. While the vast majority of them are related to embroidery, this software does handle multi decoration methods for apparel. Some of those tool bars deal with Rhinestones and some handle Sequins. The other method it has it's print (DTG, sublimation, transfers) and cut vinyl. It handles the print and vinyl through CoralDraw x5 which is built into it. If you look at the screen shots around the top left quadrant you'll see two buttons, Design and Embroidery. Those are "toggle" buttons for the different interfaces.

Thanks. It took about 2 hrs to manually digitize that pattern.

Ugh, so glad I don't do embroidery work

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What would something like this run?

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• wings2011.jpg
    wings2011.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 75

WildWestDesigns

What would something like this run?

wayne k
guam usa

For s101 members, I have since instituted a cap of $60 dollars, unless I am running a special.

If you were a non s101 member, but in the trade it would probably get you around $85-$90. Just would depend on how some things needed to be done from a production standpoint.

Gradients I would more then likely have to be taken out though. There are a couple of methods that I could try, but I'm just thinking for a 4x4, it might be a little tight for it to work.

I imagine this would be going on something like microfiber? Pretty thin, moister wickering?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
For s101 members, I have since instituted a cap of $60 dollars, unless I am running a special.

If you were a non s101 member, but in the trade it would probably get you around $85-$90. Just would depend on how some things needed to be done from a production standpoint.

Gradients I would more then likely have to be taken out though. There are a couple of methods that I could try, but I'm just thinking for a 4x4, it might be a little tight for it to work.

I imagine this would be going on something like microfiber? Pretty thin, moister wickering?

Thanks, no idea what it would go on, just curious what this kind of work goes for.

wayne k
guam usa

WildWestDesigns

To give you an idea of how that design would more or less translate, this is a quick, rough, down and dirty translation of it.

Attachments

• Wings.png
    Wings.png
    210.5 KB · Views: 48