• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jpg File Opens Different Sizes In 2 Different Softwares

gabagoo

Everyday it seems something new seems to happen.
received a print file from another sign shop and he had the sizes in his message. I import the file in Signlab and they come in about 1/3 the size. I told him, and he said that he received them from his client and when he opened them in Corel Draw they were the proper size. He said that he had forwarded them from his phone and said he would forward them from his computer. Again they came in much smaller than they should have been.
I then decided to try opening them in Flexi ,and this time they came in the size I thought they should be, and then I was thinking that he needs 5 of these...how did I give him such a low price and I checked his email again to see the final size and they were now about a third larger than they were supposed to be.

What the heck is going on? I don't recall experiencing this before.

Johnny Best

They might have been compressed, at some point and copied numerous times and they lose quality and sometimes the sizes will vary. You should save them as a .tiff now.