• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just how accurate should print/cut be?

DrSteveBrule

I have had this problem too. Thank you all for the valuable input!

I had a rigged "fix" for you that i have been using which is to give your files a bit of bleed outside the cutpath. This obviously only works on certain jobs tho.

Never thought that centering would cause that issue. Thanks all!

Colin

I've recently bought a used SP540V.
When I do a print and cut decal the cut accuracy is acceptable...but just.
Yesterday I did a batch of reverse print decals as "print only", I removed the job, laminated it and ran it through as "cut only" and the results were less than great.
These decals are only 2.5" in diameter with a contour cut that is outside the graphic by 1/16".
The cut that the printer made was consistantly off to one side and low.

Have you got all of the pinch rollers in, or just the end ones?

Colin

stargategfx: I made this comment in another thread; I think it may help you:

From my limited experience so far with my SP540i, it seems that it is important to have most (or all) of the pinch rollers in place with 54" media, and not just the end two. If you have just the end two in, then the media can possibly move around a bit, especially when the cutter is in the centre area, and especially due to the fact that you're using more down force pressure to cut through the lam and vinyl.

Think of the physics of it: You have a considerable span of 54" wide piece of wobbly vinyl, and two miniscule points of contact on the edges trying to hold it in place while a drag knife is coming down with 150 grams of pressure while the media is being moved fore & aft! One should expect it to move around and have contour cuts be off without the assistance of the mid-section pinch rollers.

LKent

i'm just curious if you bought the machine new or used? hows the support with the company you got it from or roland itself?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
i'm just curious if you bought the machine new or used? hows the support with the company you got it from or roland itself?
Ah.... welcome from PA....................

In this place, it helps to at least read the first sentence of the first post. One tends to get the main gist of things from that one.... and so on.