• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just upgraded from X5 to X6, trying to figure out how to export a jpg

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Hey Guys, I did a search but cannot find the thread where it gave directions on how to export a Jpg like you could in X3 and before. I don't like the window that pops up when exporting from X6. I reverted my X5 to show the old window, and want to do it again. Thanks

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Hey Guys, I did a search but cannot find the thread where it gave directions on how to export a Jpg like you could in X3 and before. I don't like the window that pops up when exporting from X6. I reverted my X5 to show the old window, and want to do it again. Thanks

Is it that you can't figure out how to export a jpg or is it that you merely don't happen to like how the Great White Fathers at Corel implemented the procedure in X6?

If the former, which part of File->Export seems to confound you? If the latter, deal with it.

Note that there is a bug encountered when exporting starting in X3 and continuing through X6 that Corel seems to refuse to acknowledge: If you leave the file extension [.jpg, .cmx, etc] that Corel automatically adds to the file name in the dialog where you specify what you're naming it and where you're putting it then Corel will export as a .CDR file instead of whatever file type you wanted. If you clear the automatically added extension and just specify the file name and no extension whatsoever then Corel will export the file properly.

J Hill Designs

Note that there is a bug encountered when exporting starting in X3 and continuing through X6 that Corel seems to refuse to acknowledge: If you leave the file extension [.jpg, .cmx, etc] that Corel automatically adds to the file name in the dialog where you specify what you're naming it and where you're putting it then Corel will export as a .CDR file instead of whatever file type you wanted. If you clear the automatically added extension and just specify the file name and no extension whatsoever then Corel will export the file properly.

not my x5 .. just tested

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Is it that you can't figure out how to export a jpg or is it that you merely don't happen to like how the Great White Fathers at Corel implemented the procedure in X6?

If the former, which part of File->Export seems to confound you? If the latter, deal with it.

I can export the way it is, but I don't like it and would rather not "deal with it". If memory serves me correctly, you went into the corel file names in explorer and added a couple of letters to one of the file name extensions.

Attached is a screen shot. X6 on the left and X5 on the right. the window on the right is what I'm after.

Attachments

• prntscrn.jpg
    prntscrn.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 128

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Works in X6 too, although there are more folders to rename. THANK YOU! Sometimes the new stuff isn't as good as the old. The only problem I have encountered is exporting one file at 72dpi, then the next at 300, it wants to change image size, so you have to cancel, then export again anytime you want to change dpi, but its been like that for as long as I can remember, so I don't fuss.

I like it better than the new version though. I send lots of jpgs and that new one is slow.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Works in X6 too, although there are more folders to rename. THANK YOU! Sometimes the new stuff isn't as good as the old. The only problem I have encountered is exporting one file at 72dpi, then the next at 300, it wants to change image size, so you have to cancel, then export again anytime you want to change dpi, but its been like that for as long as I can remember, so I don't fuss.

I like it better than the new version though. I send lots of jpgs and that new one is slow.

But you can export same size with different resolution files in it. Also, you also don't have to wait for the preview to finish loading.