• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

just wondered if anyone else has this issue with their Mimaki?

gabagoo

Since the beginning my Mimaki jv3130spII has a small window of time to change empty ink cartridges while printing. Once the machine indicates it is out of ink I have about 10 minutes to change it or else I get an error beep; when I resume printing and sometimes I see about 1 pass missing or in yesterdays case the machine resumed printing and about 6 passes in decides to print a narrow cyan line from top to bottom about the width of a pen stroke runing the graphic.
I run Flexi as a rip.

Anyone else experience this and if so did you resolve it?

Sometimes it's hard to be at the macjine while it is printing when you are multi tasking all day,

MikePro

never had a line issue, but i HATE when i run out of ink mid-print!!! Ink level drops from 9 to 1 in no time, but that last 1 feels like a quarter of the cartridge. Makes me want to pull the trigger on a bulk setup.

When I get low, i'll usually pop in a fresh cartridge if I have to walk away from the print and pop the near-empty back in when I'm able to be at the machine.

gabagoo

never had a line issue, but i HATE when i run out of ink mid-print!!! Ink level drops from 9 to 1 in no time, but that last 1 feels like a quarter of the cartridge. Makes me want to pull the trigger on a bulk setup.

When I get low, i'll usually pop in a fresh cartridge if I have to walk away from the print and pop the near-empty back in when I'm able to be at the machine.

I tried that once and when I popped the old cartridge back in it refused to accept it saying ink end, so I dont do that anymore. I continue to use OEM inks as I just cant be bothered to put up with possible BS by switching to bulk or using cheaper 3rd party cartridges.