• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-130 Banding

Chicago_Ed

Greetings,

I just started at a new shop in Bensenville, IL and I have a JV3-130 in the office here. I am having a problem with some banding and when I run a test draw, my blue is way out of wack, I am guessing it's either air in the line or the line needs to be flushed, hoping it is not a bad head. I am having some trouble figuring out what method of cleaning I need to use here. I am wondering if anyone has any links to more information regarding the cleaning of the machine or any helpful solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please see attached image for my test draw.
Banding.jpg

Chicago_Ed

Advantage Sign Tech said that the deflection is so bad, that it is undoubtedly the print head has gone bad. First one I have ever seen go bad. We're in the process of finding a replacement. :)

Case

A damper or captop won't fix that much severe head deflection... Needs new head, that's a fact...

Case

Case

You got lucky, most heads that are that deflected and are older in age aren't coming back with any washeds or soaks or cleanings...................

Case

Chicago_Ed

Yeah, it is really bad, but I spoke with a gentleman in Georgia and he suggested that I flush the lines. He was very adamant about the head not being bad, but that it needed to be cleaned and flushing the lines was a good possibility to solve the problem. I have never done a flush before, he suggested a machine that costs $1000, that is definitely not going to work for me. He did mention, however, that there is a way to flush it manually. Has anyone ever performed this operation? Or do you have any links to documentation on how to do this? Thanks for the replies. Your help is much appreciated.

Ed