• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160S-Wrong Cartridge Error

jackbro64

Hi,
I have been assigned to resurrect a JV3-160S. The inks were somewhat old, so I did the battery change (from other thread). It worked for all 6 inks, however, the dark magenta keeps getting, "Wrong cartridge" Errors. I also have Error 30 in general. I have actually switched cartridges, switched out readers, checked all the switches physically. I am thinking of downloading version 2.4 Firmware. Will that "reset" things?

From the sounds of things I'd say that there's something wrong with the IC Chip on the actual Ink Cartridge. To test this I'd suggest intentionally inserting an ink of the wrong color into the slot and seeing what message you get - If the Chip reader in the printer is working correctly you should get the "COLOR OF INK" message for the M slot. Remember that there is sometimes more than one error at a time and to see them all you should hit ENTER repeatedly to cycle through the messages.

jackbro64

Hi Dave, thanks fior the reply. We ordered a new chip and voila!!! Now if I could only get the thing to print morethan black! Going in the right direction though....

JETBEST USA

Hi Jackbro64,

I see you were having troubles with the Chips for your Cartridge. I have never had that problem. I use the Third Party Inks from Jetbest . It is quite a bargain to use these inks because the prices are affordable. Feel free to visit www.jetbestusa.com

ColesCreations

Do your printheads fire? If it's been sitting with expired cartridges, it has basically shut itself down and not done cleanings. (This of course fixed itself with the battery reset)

How are the test prints?

If you're not getting the heads to fire, you need to do a LOONG soak in cleaning fluid, some strong cleanings, maybe you'll get the heads back. (Then some more long soaks etc...)

jackbro64

Everything is firing OK. When I run a test manually on printer, I get all colors. However, WHen I try to print an image from the software (Wasatch), I 'm getting mostly magenta. Di I need to recalibrate/reboot?