• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 160SP Test Draw Problems! (Need Advice)

tadr0002

Hi guys,

I am running a JV3-160SP. Recently, I have noticed that the test draw for black is acting up. All the heads are firing but some are not firing in the right spot. They overlap. (Picture Attached in post below) To fix this, I have tried the following:

-Replaced all dampers on the black head
-Replaced the capping station(all four heads)
-99 minute and overnight Nozzle washes several times. (No improvement)
-Several Strong cleans (No improvement)
-Used a syringe to pull ink down to the pumps (No improvement)

I want to try to use cleaning solution and a syringe to send the solution down from above the head. Should I hook up to the print head or to the damper? Should I even try this?

Also, Can this be a head alignment issue??

Finally, If anybody has any other suggestions, let me know. I would love to try them before replacing the print head.

Thanks in advance
Mike

:thankyou:

Last edited:

tadr0002

I forgot to post the picture.

SEE BELOW

Thanks again
MIKE

Attachments

• testdraw.jpg
    testdraw.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 77

iSign

YOUR PRINTER DOESN'T REALLY LOOK ALL THAT BAD...
-
-
-
-
-
BUT YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY? .

...WELL, MAYBE I'M NOT ALL THAT SURE ABOUT YOUR PRINTER AFTER ALL...

maybe try another pic in focus.. can't hurt... might help...

do your prints look bad, or just your test draws?

tadr0002

Sorry about the image, that is the best i can do with my camera.... If you look close you see in the image spots were the nozzles are firing over each other. It looks like some of the nozzles are not firing but this is not the case, up close you can see that nozzles are actually just mis-firing. They are not firing were they should be firing. I have not noticed an difference in print quality but I want to take care of this before it becomes a bigger problem.

Thanks
Mike

4R Graphics

That is called deflection and it happens if you get ink build up on the heads or you have a head strike. I have several of these in a few colors (6 color machine) my prints are not affected to badly but in solid blocks of colors if you look close you can see lines (this is where the deflections are) most people never even notice it but it bothers me. You could try soaking the heads for a few days if you have the downtime or if you work on your printer yourself you could pull the heads out try soaking them in flush and pushing flush through with a syringe several times. I have forced flush through heads and soaked them and it will clean up some stuff but to be honest the pic you posted even though it is hard to see I dont think I would do anything until I had more problems unless you just cant seem to get a print that people dont complain about.

Let it be known that I take no responsibility for any damage caused by what I have posted. I have experience working on these printers and electronics if you choose to mess with your printer you do so at your own risk.