• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 New head, only one side works, need help

olesign

We have been having some trouble with our Mimaki JV3 SPII

The one side of the head was not printing anything. I did the clean on the head, took the over off the base and the dampers have ink and are full of ink in the lines. Took the head out and purged the ink thru it without any luck.

So we replaced the head. Same problem is occurring.

On a different problem. When we replaced the head we also removed the black dampers to get them out of the way and now only one line has ink and is not printing correctly, Similar to the red, but there is no ink in the line or the damper. Could this be caused by air lock? If so how do I go about removing the air from the lines?

Thanks in advance!

Case

you need a technician or you need a syringe to prime the damper with ink manually...... but i imagine if you didn't know to do this that you don't know how to do all the head alignments either...

case

olesign

Actually I tried to prime the damper.. But when I filled it up and removed the syringe, the ink just sucked right back out of the damper. and I'm back to square one.

But this doesn't explain my first question as to why only half the head works, Both dampers are full, would that still need to be re-primed so to speed.

Case

could not be sealing on the cap very well............did you wet and clean around the cap real well? start with the small ones first........no leaks in lines, no damper leaks, o-rings all in place? hopefully didn't crack a stem on the printhead.....

then you could go on to larger things........slider board, slider cable, mainboard, etc.........

could be many factors........start with the small non electronic things first........

case

anthony smith

We did the same thing a few weeks ago turned out the damper had
a very small hole in it and would not allow to prime

Jack Knight1979

this happened to me with a new head. You need to prime the head by putting syringe on the head manifold and squirting in cleaning fluid until it comes out the bottom of the head.

You will then have a solid hydraulic flow from the cart to the head nozzles. This will do the trick. Also replace the cap if it's over six months old.

anthony smith

We also replaced the complete caping station and it help a great deal on the quailty
of printing did not realize the importance of the seal around the heads
the pumps can also be weak all are easy but as you know expense fixes

olesign

Okay. I primed the head, no luck. So next I pulled the ink into the damper with a syringe but as soon as I'm done pulling it thu pulling ink in the damper the it all just flows back out. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for all the help so far!

SE SignSupply

Check the cartridge level for that line, make sure you have plenty of ink.

If the level is fine then check for leaks around the manifold (where the damper plugs into the head), damper itself (these don't fail often), the o-rings where the ink line screws into the damper. Somewhere you will find a air leak.

Ryan