• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 SP2, Changed Print Head Still Only one side is printing

olesign

Okay So I thought the magenta head was bad so I changed it. Only one side was working. Weird thing is before and after I changed the head the same thing occured, when I do the clean on it, the soft clean actually works and show everything working great on the test draw. Any other type of clean normal or hard, makes the one side of the head not print anything when you do the test draw. I did the soft clean had it working then printed something, Half way thru the print, the same thing happened, the right side of the print head doesn't work.

What could cause this, Could it be the damper?

Thanks in advance! :thankyou:

olesign

Thanks! I just figured it out. It ended up being the a bad ink cartridge, Which I've never experienced. I changed the cartridge, and now the line purges.. So we are good to go!!

WrapperX

Thanks! I just figured it out. It ended up being the a bad ink cartridge, Which I've never experienced. I changed the cartridge, and now the line purges.. So we are good to go!!

Ouch - bought a new head only to find out that the cartridge was the problem. Thats an expensive cartridge solution...

bmw_ante

A good rule when you are having ink problems is that ALWAYS first test the less extensive things , Damper,Capping etc

inkmed

A good rule when you are having ink problems is that ALWAYS first test the less extensive things , Damper,Capping etc

Yes, it will be better if you check the chip first.
Ink problem always the chip, data cable, damper, cap top or pump problems.

Adam
from inkmed