• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kala laminator calibration

Dizzy385

Graphic designer
How do I calibrate the Kala laminator? I tried pressing foot pedal and M and nothing happened. I made sure foot pedal was turned on

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
You need to turn the machine off. At the panel - not the power switch. Then Press M and the foot pedal.

Dizzy385

Graphic designer
You need to turn the machine off. At the panel - not the power switch. Then Press M and the foot pedal.
I tried that too , idk what I'm doing wrong geez lol the power is off on front screen and I press pedal and M at same time, also tried pressing M and up arrow. Does it nit calibratie if it doesn't need too? I ended up laminating without doing it and it was fine

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I don't think I've ever done it just for fun - I do it when it throws and error and I pretty much have to calibrate to do anything.
So, the main power is on (in back)... but you have the power off on the panel (in front)... and you are hitting M while pressing the actual foot pedal (not the button) and it's not doing anything?

Dizzy385

Graphic designer
I don't think I've ever done it just for fun - I do it when it throws and error and I pretty much have to calibrate to do anything.
So, the main power is on (in back)... but you have the power off on the panel (in front)... and you are hitting M while pressing the actual foot pedal (not the button) and it's not doing anything?
Oh okay, I usually don't run the laminator myself so I wasn't sure! It's not working but thank you, I'll ask my coworker how he does when he gets back

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Oh okay, I usually don't run the laminator myself so I wasn't sure! It's not working but thank you, I'll ask my coworker how he does when he gets back
I'm in Chicago this week and can come over and show you if you still need some help. I'll be out in the NW burbs tomorrow afternoon. You can reach out to me directly via email. No charge - happy to help if I'm in the area.