• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Keen Evolution-E2 Vs Keen Javelin Integra/Series2?

tmj262

I was hoping to get any information on whether the Evolution is THAT much better than the Javelin. A few of our employee's past companies had the Javelin and said it works great. Im just wondering if the Evolutions are ~$600 "better". We currently have a Fotoba, and several rulers from Image1, but wanted something easier to cut substrates as well as extra long banners, etc. Any help is appreciated, or if you have any other similar products!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have a 102" Javelin with a matching cutter table. Without the cutting table, one needs a cutting mat underneath the Javelin to prevent cutting the surface beneath the substrate as well as prematurely dulling the blade. As such, the javelin only becomes really useful with the matching table.

The Evolution, it appears, has all the core components of the matching table built into it. As such, it becomes truly portable and storeable which is a great improvement IMHO.

While it has a new cut head and more types of blades, which may make it better in some ways, their materials chart does not indicate that any additional types of materials can be cut with the Evolution as compared to the Javelin.

In summary, for the kinds of cutting we do, a Javelin, by itself, would not satisfy our needs. But if we were buying today, we would opt for the Evolution and not buy the Javelin with the matching cutter table.