• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

KeenCut - which model??

armandolo

I took over the operations of a sign shop and they always used ruler and a blade to cut foamboard, large prints etc. I started looking into a trimmer after seeing employee take many hours to cut 75 1ftx1ft NFTA signs printed on a 54in paper. each 1x1 had to be cut by hand

SO after checking out Dahle rotary cutters i stubled on Keencut. Problem is there are so many they offer and I want to get peoples opinions and what people use.

There is the
1. Evolution E2
2. Javelin Integra
3. Sabre Series 2

Im thinking around 64" or 84" models.

I like the sabre. The Javelin is good but requires a dedicated table since it has be mechanically fastened to the table for it to operate properly, (my info maybe dated, since I used to have a javelin 1, assuming it operates the someway).

The sabre sits on top of the table and doesn't have to be bolted to it. If space is limited, it's easy to move out of the way.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have an older 102" Javelin and the Keencut table. We like the 102" so we can cut an 8' length. The Javelin can sit on the hardware of the table which allows it to be raised with a lever on the table, but it can also be used on top of material without the table. When we bought the Javelin, the difference between it and lesser models was its high accuracy.

shoresigns

One thing to note. If your cutting mats on your table are old and in rough shape, the blade is going to wobble more than when you use a knife and ruler, so you'll get a slightly wavy cut.

Biker Scout

Had two different 102" models from KeenCut come slightly twisted. So keep an eye out for that. Never did end up keeping them. I would love a rotary trimmer that literally bolts to the side of the table and is flush with the table top and can swing down when not needed. That would be perfect.