• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 and Cutting on a FC8000

ProColorGraphics

I cannot get a consistent accurate cut to save my life. They are always off one way or another. Lately it starts out right, then shifts to the left as it goes.

Has anyone else had any problems like this? I am cutting out of Cutting Master 2.

parrott

I have no experience with the HP, but we own a FC8000 and it is a nightmare. By far the most finicky piece of equipment we have ever bought. Sometimes it will work great for a couple of hours and then just completely stop. Good luck trying to get it to read cut marks on glossy material and don't even think about cutting static cling. Return it and by a Summa (thats we should have done).

HulkSmash

I know exactly what your problem is. Make sure the go beyond print area is unselected under image tools.

richsweeney

I just did my first big cutting job, or for me big, 50 sheets of 54 x 30. It took me 3 weeks to figure it out, and about 2 days to do the job.
Short answer, use a good 3M substrate or better if you have to do cutting.

Hp has a firmware update to correct for bowing, and onx has a plug in the help, but when you have cheap substrate that is s,ing and bowing there is no answer. I did have to lower the temp for this new material by about 20 percent, only because I did not have the correct driver and was too much in a hurry to find it. But the job is done.
Hope that helps.

ProColorGraphics

It's not the bowing that is messing it. I know how to correct for that. My problem is that the first cut is good, but the cuts shift to the left as they go along. Or are totally off from the start.

I do notice that my material seems to buckle and bow in the cutter pretty easily. I don't get why they only put 3 pinch rollers on it.

Kwiksigns

wookie
I have no experience with the HP, but we own a FC8000 and it is a nightmare. By far the most finicky piece of equipment we have ever bought. Sometimes it will work great for a couple of hours and then just completely stop. Good luck trying to get it to read cut marks on glossy material and don't even think about cutting static cling. Return it and by a Summa (thats we should have done).

Mine just read some glossy cut marks. worked awesome.

omgsideburns

How long of a run are you trying to cut?

On my FC7000 I try and keep my runs under 10 feet to keep the chance of skew down.. and make sure you're sequencing your plots to keep the material travel to a minimum.

Make sure your grit rollers are clean.. and if it has the adjustable tension rollers like the 7000, put them on the stronger setting.

Aklaim

What setting do you have your pinch rollers set to? Also, are you 100% positive that the material is tracking correctly before you cut?

Aklaim

I cut gloss all day long with no problems. I've heard that some do however, and the solution was to take a scotch bright pad, or some sand paper and rough up the registration marks a bit to dull them down.

ProColorGraphics

I cut gloss all day long with no problems. I've heard that some do however, and the solution was to take a scotch bright pad, or some sand paper and rough up the registration marks a bit to dull them down.

Haha, that is exactly what I do. Use a scotchbrite pad to dull down the finish. Just wish I could get the cuts to be on.

parrott

This right here is bull s$!t. Would I have been told you have to redraw, scratch, put tape over it and turn the lights off, etc. to get it to read; I never would have bought the damn thing. Don't get me wrong, the thing does work sometimes but it also doens't work a lot of the time. Great if yours does read them (registration marks), but it has been proven that this machine has a very difficult time reading glossy material.