• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L25500 and HP Medias

Dave Rowland

So, we are a typical sign shop in the UK, this is our 4th printer and what attracted me towards the HP is it's ability to look after itself and produce outdoor prints that do seem to hold up, we can also print to medias like Avery/3M with ease.

Now, a lot of push by HP has been their medias, there is a lot of environmental qualities to it and cleverness, we all seen the wrap and wall paper videos.

However, my supplier (who will remain nameless) is very biased towards 3M (and Arlon), they will be keen to get me to order many rolls of them :ROFLMAO: but what was surprising is that the HP gave me a free roll of what I believe is HP Glossy Media and when I have looked it up it appear to be good stuff, but what about in real outdoor situations? who is using it? who had failures? as my supplier said "it is cheap and nasty stuff and you should not use it".

I silently laughed, I am well aware of medias failed but I refused to eliminate HP medias because a supplier thinks it is bad... so please can we put this to bed? I am well aware that most of the members here have the latex.

Mine arrived yesterday, all trained up now

HulkSmash

So, we are a typical sign shop in the UK, this is our 4th printer and what attracted me towards the HP is it's ability to look after itself and produce outdoor prints that do seem to hold up, we can also print to medias like Avery/3M with ease.

Now, a lot of push by HP has been their medias, there is a lot of environmental qualities to it and cleverness, we all seen the wrap and wall paper videos.

However, my supplier (who will remain nameless) is very biased towards 3M (and Arlon), they will be keen to get me to order many rolls of them :ROFLMAO: but what was surprising is that the HP gave me a free roll of what I believe is HP Glossy Media and when I have looked it up it appear to be good stuff, but what about in real outdoor situations? who is using it? who had failures? as my supplier said "it is cheap and nasty stuff and you should not use it".

I silently laughed, I am well aware of medias failed but I refused to eliminate HP medias because a supplier thinks it is bad... so please can we put this to bed? I am well aware that most of the members here have the latex.

Mine arrived yesterday, all trained up now

HP Wrap vinyl blows oh yeah - and it's WAY over priced.

Suz

Hi Dave, I printed on the same stuff with my first test. Not sure yet what to think of it, but am trying it on different things (HP Glossy Adhesive). Just wanted to chime in and say "Congrats" on getting the printer up and running. Yay! I can't offer advice of course, as I'm just beginning to run the printer myself. Anyhow, keep posting! Happy Printing!

Last edited:

Dave Rowland

thank you... but what do we think of HP Glossy Adhesive? i have a 42" roll here and need to work out if my UK supply was talking it down

Suz

bumpety bump

HP Wrap vinyl blows oh yeah - and it's WAY over priced.
..........Thanks Colorado!

From the "Urban Dictionary"
blows:meaning that you dont like something and it everyone is unhappy with it. the world would be a better place without it...

I'm curious, new stuff for me too, got a free roll with my printer as well. I'm not sure yet if it blows. Anybody else?

Tim Aucoin

Yeah, I got that free roll with my printer also. It printed okay, but I didn't like it as much as the 3M product I use all the time (IJ35-10 and IJ35C-10). I've also used a lot of Oracal 3651 and it all runs just fine using the "HP Glossy Adhesive Vinyl" profile. I've also run an LG brand vinyl and although it prints very nice, it really stinks when it heats up! Needless to say, I got sick of the smell and now that that roll is finished I won't order more. The 3M IJ35 is priced right there with most of the other vinyl in that category, so I see no reason to fix what ain't broke. :smile:

signswi

T3 -- Orajet provides profiles for all the Oracal media, use the right profile for the job not the generic HP profile. Oracal runs great on our HP though the thicker liner papers on the calendared offerings do tend to curl a bit from the heat. We walked the heat down to the point of cure and solved most of that though.

Aklaim

T3 -- Orajet provides profiles for all the Oracal media, use the right profile for the job not the generic HP profile. Oracal runs great on our HP though the thicker liner papers on the calendared offerings do tend to curl a bit from the heat. We walked the heat down to the point of cure and solved most of that though.

The print quality when using the Orcal profile is soooooo much better (at least it is in Onyx). Just for sh$ts and giggles, run the same image using the HP profile and the Oracal profile and put them side by side. You will easily see the difference in the dot size and pattern. It's worth the 15 minutes to download and install the profile.

Tim Aucoin

The print quality when using the Orcal profile is soooooo much better (at least it is in Onyx). Just for sh$ts and giggles, run the same image using the HP profile and the Oracal profile and put them side by side. You will easily see the difference in the dot size and pattern. It's worth the 15 minutes to download and install the profile.

Thanks guys, I will definitely do that. Appreciate the feedback! :thumb: