• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L26500 and Caldera visual plus

Kim

We had our L26500 installed last week with Caldera visual plus as the rip.
We are quickly finding out that most media suppliers do not have profiles for Caldera.
We need a good supplier for 13oz banners , poster paper and adhesive back vinyl. Of coarse they need to have the profiles for Caldera and not cost as much as the HP products.

I was on the phone with 2 suppliers who told me that building Caldera profiles was not on the top of their list.

Any suggestions?

Freese

We are quickly finding out that most media suppliers do not have profiles for Caldera.
We need a good supplier for 13oz banners , poster paper and adhesive back vinyl. Of coarse they need to have the profiles for Caldera and not cost as much as the HP products.

I was on the phone with 2 suppliers who told me that building Caldera profiles was not on the top of their list.

Any suggestions?

Just ask your supplier what temp settings are used in Onyx or Flexi and input your own temps

nate

Any suggestions?
The Caldera driver for that machine comes with 20-30 profiles for a wide range of media. They might not be media specific, brand wise, but certainly are a great starting point for you to get printing. You should be pretty happy with the results.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Learn to make your own profiles is the best way to go, also alot of the generic profiles given by caldera will work great on just about all your substrates. Here is a user group just for that machine someone might be able to get you more info.

http://hpl25500users.ning.com/

HulkSmash

i print on dozens of media using caldera.

I use the Avery 2005 ezrs for every single vinyl i print on. It works perfectly

then for banners i have different profiles for matte, and gloss, but for most i use hp durable front lit scrim on 8 pass.

for translucent, and others i had to download translucent profiles, and then edit them myself. You have to lower the heat to about 90-95 on translucent from 105.

i use hpmediafinder (google it) to find profiles.

ProColorGraphics

I use the HP adhesive vinyl profile for my vinyl printing, HP frontlit banner profile for banner and the various paper ones for posters. There is also a HP media finder where you can get a ton of profiles for media. Don't remember the site right off hand.

Kim

Would you want to create a profile database for the 26500 and caldera?
I have profile for the montroy house banner that I could share.