• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lamanites for Acrylic

Lester Herbertson

Livin the Dream
I have had problems with the adhesive seeping through the back and damaging the image when attaching a backing bar to the acrylic; one person suggested using DuraJet Barrier Film (Polypropylene) 2 mil 54"
I wonder what other options others have found to address this problem using cold or hot mounting.
Thank You in advance
Lester

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 227

BabooDIG

I have had problems with the adhesive seeping through the back and damaging the image when attaching a backing bar to the acrylic; one person suggested using DuraJet Barrier Film (Polypropylene) 2 mil 54"
I wonder what other options others have found to address this problem using cold or hot mounting.
Thank You in advance
Lester

You're going to want to back the print with a board. 3mm PVC or ACM. PVC/Sintra is easiest to work with because you can trim it flush by hand.

johnnysigns

What glue is being used? Have you tested adhesion to your artwork with hot glue? I feel pretty confident hot glue would work on the wood frame, just not sure if it'll stay on the artwork.

Lester Herbertson

Livin the Dream
You're going to want to back the print with a board. 3mm PVC or ACM. PVC/Sintra is easiest to work with because you can trim it flush by hand.
First of all, thanks for your help; what kind of adhesive would you use to mount the PVC/Sintra to the acrylic? I don't have a roll laminator, but I do have a large heat vacuum press.

BabooDIG

First of all, thanks for your help; what kind of adhesive would you use to mount the PVC/Sintra to the acrylic? I don't have a roll laminator, but I do have a large heat vacuum press.
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with adhesives for vacuum presses, we use our roll to roll laminator and pressure sensitive adhesives.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
I'd get hold of a relatively inexpensive roller laminator. Flood coat some white 3mm PVC with something like Drytac Mediatac, then apply this to the back of the print. If the face is not protected, I'd apply the PVC to the back using a small brayer roller.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Technically, sintra and acrylic are two different animals and there really isn't a glue recommended to adhere the two together. You also hafta be careful about double sided tape. You might try a chemical adhesive company and share your longtime needs with them.