• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating edges of signs

usa sign

We are doing digital prints (latex) with laminate applied to aluminum with radius corners. Two customers are asking for 2" lamination around the edges. We have cut strips of laminate, laid 1" on the front, wrapped the other 1" to the back; stretched the corners so it lays flat on the front, but of course its all sorts of folded on the back and looks really amateurish. Anyone else doing this and finding a way to make it look nice?

wildside

what is the purpose of doing it this way?

did they see it "online" as the way to do it?

if it is proper material, properly laid down and laminated print anyway, as long as the customer is not messing with or picking at the edges, it will be fine and the wrap around is completely unneeded

Starter

I agree with wildside.
I think your asking for it delaminate with all the folds and wrinkles. This will allow water to freeze in the folds and cause a failure.