• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating.....................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have a old seal 62 Ultra C laminator and it serves us well. We generally, just wheel it out, laminate and then put it back out of the way. We use make-shift tables out of horses and some boards. We have a job coming up in July with quite a few 4 x 10's to be laminated and were discussing the possibility of making more permanent tables. Probably on locking casters, but what's some of your thoughts on such a project ?? I think there are about 70 or so panels going to be laminated. They'll be flatbed printed and then run through the laminator. To build the two tables [front & back] wouldn't cost all that much and I can get that out of the SF [sh!t factor] already figured in for this very possibility.

:thankyou: in advance for any input or view points on this matter.
Gino

Signed Out

We always keep our laminator in between 2 of our work tables. 1 table in the front as the feed table, and the other table at the back to catch the substrates or prints. We don't have a flatbed, so we mount everything with the laminator. Works out great for us. All of our tables have wheels so we can move everything around easily. Just make sure that the table you intend to use to "catch" is about a half inch lower than the table of your laminator. Otherwise you have to lift the substrates to make sure they don't crash into the table. Don't ask how I know.

player

I bolted a length of heavy aluminum angle along the front edge of the laminator, down 1.5" from the laminator table top edge.
I then took a sheet of 3/4" plywood and added a 3/4" x 1" x 4' long strip along the edge of the sheet. (Could use 5' wide plywood.) I countersunk bolts through the sheet, and the strip, and drilled holes along the aluminum angle to accept the bolts.

Then I made some wooden sawhorses, and bought some adjustable levelers for the tops of the sawhorses. (2 per sawhorse).

So now I can wheel out my laminator, put some sawhorses in front of the laminator, lay the sheet of 3/4" plywood on the sawhorses and on top of the angle aluminum. I attach the sheet to the laminator using the bolts and screwing nuts underneath to the bolts that go through the plywood, the strip of plywood along that edge, and the angle. (The bolts stay in the plywood). I adjust the sawhorse levelers and now have a 3/4" table attached to the laminator, level and flush with the laminator table. When done, I unbolt the plywood from the laminator, put the sheet and sawhorses away, and roll the laminator away.