• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Agree with White Haus, you shouldn't need them to laminate if prints are cured completely, unless you always have dirty greasy fingers.
For handling substrates for flatbed printing where everything shows up, I always used lint free cotton inspection gloves. They're cheap, and disposable.

JSIGN

Please be careful when wearing gloves for any type of machining etc. - the tip of a glove can get caught and pull your hand into a machine / roller /saw / etc.

Humble PM

Mostly tolerates architects
I don't wear gloves for anything from roll to roll printing/laminating, and flatbed printing. Been doing it for about 15 years and don't have any issues. If your hands are clean you should be just fine without.
25 years of chemical exposure, and my hands are now seriously sensitized to solvents and adhesives, so black nitrile tattooist gloves for me, unless I want bleeding hands by the end of the day.

JBurton

Signtologist
Please be careful when wearing gloves for any type of machining etc. - the tip of a glove can get caught and pull your hand into a machine / roller /saw / etc.
I had the unfortunate experience of relearning this with black nitrile gloves and a powered drain auger. Luckily the gloves snapped before my fingers.

When we got trained on our first printer and laminator, the tech had said a lot of people wear gloves until the prints get laminated... figured out I couldn't tell a difference or find a finger print under the laminate pretty quickly. My money is ghostprinting here got some bad advice from a tech?

netsol

I don't wear gloves for anything from roll to roll printing/laminating, and flatbed printing. Been doing it for about 15 years and don't have any issues. If your hands are clean you should be just fine without.
but there are some substrates that show EVERYTHING.