• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator Review Please...

SameDay Signs

I have read hundreds of threads on laminators before I posted this but I am still curious on a couple laminator brands. I am looking at the UStech/Master 55" MVT an a GFP 463. I can buy a USTECH shipped w 3 yr warranty on it for only $2700 or a 7 month old GFP or $2800. Didn't know thoughts on 1 vs other and looking for input from owners of both specially since I've found little on the GFP's

jfiscus

Rap Master
The GFPs are awesome, and the new ones have the easy-load swing out rollers. You'll be glad you bought one.

SameDay Signs

We do a lot of decals / car letterings / outoorsigns and will be getting more into wraps. We currently install them but outsource printing them because we don't want to big squeegee a wrap

jmcnicoll

Then you should be able to get by with some of the lower priced laminators. If you get into hot lams you'll need to spend more. You'll want a take up for the finished product, makes it a lot easier to laminate a full roll.

MikeD

I recently purchased a 30" Royal Sovereign for an application similar to yours. The only downside to the smaller "cold only" laminators is that it seems none of them come with take-ups or longitudinal slitters. I made my own slitter assembly and found a universal take-up on the web. The slitters work great, but the take-up was designed as an add-on for roll-to-roll printers; by the time you put ~120' of vinyl AND laminate on it the motor becomes overwhelmed and stops turning.

Good luck with your new purchase, and please post about your progress; especially in regard to the take-up and slitters.

Miked