• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator Roller refurbish?

fresh

We have a ustech cold laminator and its been great. But after 4 years of regular use, the rollers no longer have grip, its almost as if the paper back of the vinyl/laminate have burnished them smooth.

They are still smooth (no nicks) and round, but even with good pressure, material doesn't always feed.We have to assist the material through by pushing or pulling it from the back. Although its not as bad with calendared material as it is with cast.

Is there a roller conditioner we should be using? I know that our shop is definitely way below optimum humidity levels but the sides of the rollers are still "grippy" where material doesn't feed. Any other ideas how to fix this?

tyia

dypinc

Can you call Mustech and ask them what they recommend for cleaning rollers. I hate to say what to use to clean them in case it causes problems with the rubber on your rollers.

fresh

Can you call Mustech and ask them what they recommend for cleaning rollers. I hate to say what to use to clean them in case it causes problems with the rubber on your rollers.

we emailed them last week and they haven't responded.