• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator Rollers Uneven

mesheau

Hello,

I have a Royal Souvenir Laminator and the rolls aren't balanced. You can adjust them at the end of the roll, but no matter how hard I tighten or loosen it it seems to have no effect.

When you sqwat down and look through the rollers you can see space on the outter edges and none in the middle.

When I run prints through, the right side will be loose and bubbly while the left side comes out perfect.

Any thoughts, or anywhere else I can try adjusting it?

Thanks

Sticky Signs

First off, there is not suppose to be a space in the middle. That's the "crown" of the rollers and it's perfectly ok. Are you running prints on the side or in the middle? You should be running everything as close to centre as possible. The RS does require some adjusting overtime and depending on use. You can remove the plastic covers on the sides and adjust the "spring loaded" screws. If your problem is on the right side, adjust the right screw 1/4 turn at a time. Use a piece of scrap about 10' long. Run it through. Keep adjusting 1/4 turn at a time until the scrap piece goes thru without wrinkling. Also, keep track of how many 1/4 turns you've made incase you over adjust so you can go back to where you need it to be. Hope that helps.

mesheau

I've adjusted the screws already, turned it half turns and testing with stock until the screw won't tighten anymore, still giving some results

I have adjusted these before. It can be a bear without a way of measuring the pull. The proper way is to use a push pull scale. The question is, who has one. I have worked with tech support at RS and come up with an inexpensive version, using a fishing scale. Send me an e-mail and I will forward some pics and documentation. Jeff@imagedepotus.com