• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator??

gsmigel

Hi, Im new so my questions have only just begun. And hopefully I will be able to help out in return.

my question is, what is a good laminator to use for applying application tape?... I was looking into the Speedpress Laminator 39" for about $1200.
any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated?!?!?

Flame

If you want to do large runs, and have true speed.... the big squeegee just ain't gonna cut it.

I've heard "OK" things about the speedpress, and there's always the Loue' (sp?) and Ding.

eforer

I got a techno Seal which is basically a Seal knock off made in South Korea. After you get it adjusted its a great machine for the money. 64" width, 3 dancing rollers, a nice adjustable clutch tension media supply rod, good quality rollers, digital heat controls and motorized release liner reel. Its really heavy duty too, it weights around 700lbs and has a nice base with locking casters. I've been happy with it and I think it was only around $3,500.00.

John at wildcat imaging is a great guy and he is a dealer for this company. After getting the drive chain tension right its been an awesome performer. His website is http://www.wildcatimaging.com. You'll have to call for info on the machine as he doesn't have its info on the sight. Just tell him Ed from BlueSky sent you and he'll take care of you.

gsmigel

Thanks alot for all the help.. I checked out the weeder/sheeter video and might give that a try. Looks pretty easy.

iSign

Thanks alot for all the help.. I checked out the weeder/sheeter video and might give that a try. Looks pretty easy.

1 or 2 days ago, someone here had a 30" one, hardly used... 25% below cost.
check out the classified forum.