• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large Decal on side of van, best method?

SuncitySigns

Hi guys n girls. Just curious how other people would go about this job?. As per the pic the decal needs to be die cut and have no background, its too go over where the windows would normally be and the ridges, crevice's are too rival the Grand Canyon! I'm thinking I will just print, lam on my normal wrapping vinyl then run it back through my Roland an die cut then pre mask and TRY and apply. With a normal wrap this would be easy but due too the vinyl having to be die cat and having app tape over it I think I'm going too run into problems!. Anybody see a better way to do it or am I just making a mountain out of a mole hill and go ahead an do it like this? :) Thanks in advance! Shane.

Attachments

• Splash Vans.png
    Splash Vans.png
    237.2 KB · Views: 124

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You will be good.
Get the bulk of the decal down and leave the problem areas until last. Pull off the masking a little at a time on the un-squeegeed areas and work them in and out of the channels..
With an air release vinyl this will be a walk in the park.

wayne k
guam usa

SIGNTIME

just lay the vinyl normally and leave the areas going into the channels for last, make sure you lay the vinyl in the channel there is no need to stretch the vinyl in or even remove the tape until it is all laid down, pretty basic install right there especially with air release ....... you are contour cutting the vinyl not die cutting it unless your roland has some sort of press in it

SuncitySigns

Thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated. Going to have another chat to the client about there logo (not my design) an see if I can change the design too something similar to Pats.

In regards to different vehicles its funny you say that I send quite a lot of my design work too Sign Amigo (Neato) and he is always having a chuckle about the vehicles an the wording I need him to put on my logos/design work haha

JoeBoomer

White text on a white van?

Don't typically like to critique, but white text on a white van doesn't seem like the smartest move to me.

SuncitySigns

I know I know but it's a " but it's my logo an that' s what I want deal" you can drag a horse to water but you can't force it too drink.

I will be having another chat to them to try an convince them to let me change it though.

Todd Jelle

nothing weird about the SS ute, its the El Camino chevy doesnt offer us over here anymore. I have a last gen 79 model El Camino with 420 HP & love it.
I like the Ute, cool car/ truck!