• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large engraved signs supplier?

reQ

Customer needs few signs done, calling them lamacoids... but for that size it does not look like lamacoid to me lol.

1) 6x32 inch 1/16 material, black engraved white (no problem with this)

2) 36x96 inch 1/16 material, black, engraved white - that where i can't find anyone doing that kind of engraving? And yes, needs to be as one piece.

Any suggestions?

rossmosh

Calling up Rowmark will give you a hint whether or not the material is available. After that you need to find an engraver. You can find 48x96 lasers around. Most are designed for cutting primarily but some will serve double duty. It shouldn't be impossible to find, but it won't be easy. Rowmark might be able to point you in the right direction. Engraving on regular old CNC may work as well. I have my doubts, but it may work.

My real opinion is this sounds very much like an architect giving material specifications on something and they aren't at all what should be used. That's a huge sign to be made out of this material.

reQ

this is the sample of what needed. 36x96 black sign with engraved white, also has to be 0.5 inch thick . Still can't find any vendor. still need help
attachment.php

Attachments

• test1.jpg
    test1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 157

Kwiksigns

wookie
initially you said 1/16th thick. You could cut those signs separately. but if it is .5" harbor sales has a material called Colorcore that you could get someone with a router to cut out.

reQ

initially you said 1/16th thick. You could cut those signs separately. but if it is .5" harbor sales has a material called Colorcore that you could get someone with a router to cut out.

Yeah, their spec is 1/16 plastic (rowmark style material) mounted to 0.5 ultraboard for thickness. At the end i need 0.5" thick signs, which is black & engraved white letters

Most of the stock engravable material comes in 24"x48". Easiest way to do this sign is to laser cut 1/32 white tactile and lay it to a black ultra board.

CanuckSigns

Yeah, their spec is 1/16 plastic (rowmark style material) mounted to 0.5 ultraboard for thickness. At the end i need 0.5" thick signs, which is black & engraved white letters

Gotta love architects! I've asked previously if I can get rowmark material in 4'x8' sheets, I was told from our supplier that I couldn't, Rowmark doesn't make them that big (Not sure if I believe them or not)

I agree on using King Colorcore, it's already around a half inch thick, available in 4x8 sheets and engravable with a CNC router, why some architects try to reinvent the wheel I'll never know.

rossmosh

This is another case of someone giving specs on materials and but they don't know what they're talking about. You could replicate that sign out of several different materials. Colorcore is a very good recommendation. Using 12mm PVC and color filling is also another good recommendation. Basically my recommendation is to use logic and not let someone not in the field spec out materials for you. Using either of those materials would allow essentially anyone with a CNC to do the job.

If you insist on going based on spec, I assume you never contacted Rowmark. They would absolutely be able to help you. You could also contact Kern laser and see if they could point you in the right direction.

reQ

Its for a Government building, so they have all these specs. Talked to them 30 mins ago and told them that i talked to rowmark and that they don't make 8ft long pieces. They agreed on using something else but it still has to be engraved. Looks like ColorCore is exactly what i would need. Only thing left is to find CNC operator to do it. Or maybe anyone know place that does wholesale work & keeps that material in stock? Located in Canada of course :)

rossmosh

Its for a Government building, so they have all these specs. Talked to them 30 mins ago and told them that i talked to rowmark and that they don't make 8ft long pieces. They agreed on using something else but it still has to be engraved. Looks like ColorCore is exactly what i would need. Only thing left is to find CNC operator to do it. Or maybe anyone know place that does wholesale work & keeps that material in stock? Located in Canada of course :)

Government don't have the right specs. I deal with municipalities all the time. They are absolutely clueless for the most part.

Colorcore is heavy stuff. You're going to want to find someone local to do it. Literally anyone with a 4x8 CNC should be able to do the job. Centurion tools makes a specific cutter for Colorcore. You can also use a regular endmill or V-bit.

reQ

Where are you located in Canada I know a couple of people that have CNC's that could cut it
Saskatchewan. I don't really care where in Canada, i was hoping i could get some referrals who can do it from start to finish, since i would rather pay one place to make it & pay freight on it.

fixtureman

Saskatchewan. I don't really care where in Canada, i was hoping i could get some referrals who can do it from start to finish, since i would rather pay one place to make it & pay freight on it.

I just got a message back from the fellow that I know and he said to give Graham Parsons at Signs n' Such in Swift a call

TheSnowman

C&C Engraving in Scottsdale might be able to do it. I know they do lots of stuff and are a MM here, or were in the past if they aren't right now. Great people to work with.