• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latest progress on the Coro-Plane project.

SignManiac

Spent a few hours messing around with the plane today. It's finally starting to look air worthy. We might have a line on an engine but they're not cheap. The clear vinyl showed up yesterday so we'll soon be able to start covering the wings and fuselage.

Here's a link to the original thread in case you missed it. http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36992&highlight=coro+plane

Attachments

• CIMG2695.JPG
    CIMG2695.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 90
  • CIMG2698.JPG
    CIMG2698.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 112
  • CIMG2699.JPG
    CIMG2699.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 111
  • CIMG2700.JPG
    CIMG2700.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 109
  • CIMG2702.JPG
    CIMG2702.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 97
  • CIMG2703.JPG
    CIMG2703.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 109
  • CIMG2737.JPG
    CIMG2737.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 98
  • CIMG2738.JPG
    CIMG2738.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 107

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks very cool.
What are you doing to make the joints other than hot glue?
Is there an adhesive out there for coro that works something like the chemical welding hh66 does on banners?
We've made a bunch of display drop boxes in the past using hot glue and the initial bond seems pretty strong but after a while in the heat here they start to come apart.

wayne k
guam usa

SignManiac

White duct tape and maybe some zip ties! :) We may end up using a few drywall screws but would rather not. We want to keep this project all plastic if possible.

I just came up with the name finally, "The White Stuff".

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
White duct tape and maybe some zip ties! :) We may end up using a few drywall screws but would rather not. We want to keep this project all plastic if possible.

I just came up with the name finally, "The White Stuff".

Nice.

You going to rig it with remote controls and load it with a few sacks of potatoes for the first test runs?

wayne k
guam usa

SignManiac

Nice.

You going to rig it with remote controls and load it with a few sacks of potatoes for the first test runs?

wayne k
guam usa

Now where is your sense of adventure? My business partner Marcus is the sack of potatoes :) Not to worry, he won't be getting to high off the tarmac at first.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Now where is your sense of adventure? My business partner Marcus is the sack of potatoes :) Not to worry, he won't be getting to high off the tarmac at first.

I like my potatoes fried not (s)mashed....

This project looks like too much fun.

wayne k
guam usa

American & Proud

I saw the previous post before and thought the bi wing looked very cool.

But I am really unsure that hotmelt glue is gonna hold up even going down the runway. Grassy feilds are pretty bumpy.

I'd wrap that thing to look like the Red Barons plane and make a coro Snoopy dog house with wings and a coro Snoopy of course, and suspend them from the rafters in a dog fight. lol

Good luck with trying to fly it, say a few Prayers beforehand.

It does look Awsome.