• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latest shop table acquisition...

SignManiac

Just installed this new work table that happens to double as a shuffleboard table:rock-n-roll: It's 22' long so I'm sure it will handle the longest of signs and banners.

I'm starting to get pretty good at the game now I just have to figure out how to fit a bowling alley in here!

Attachments

• New shop work table.JPG
    New shop work table.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 109

SignManiac

It's actually a very slippery wax type substance. I think I'm going to do a nice wrap or graphic on all the visible surfaces. Should be a fun project!

SignManiac

Brand new the one I have sells for around $5k not including accessories. I got it for free and a sore back :) With this, the ping pong table and the pool table the next likely company "investment" will be one of those kegerator beer fridges!!

I feel that a fun work environment leads to better production, at least that's the excuse I'm going with.

Here's a link to them if you're curious?

http://www.gametables4less.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=44&idproduct=1765

Pat Whatley

With this, the ping pong table and the pool table the next likely company "investment" will be one of those kegerator beer fridges!!

How do you fit all of that, plus snakes, plus that corrugated plastic airplane in your shop? How big is that dang building?

By the way...whatever happened with the coro plane?

SignManiac

Pat, the building is shrinking before my eyes :) It's about 7,000 s.f. but feels like 500 s.f. at times. The coroplane is back on track. Last week we started work on the fuselage. Here's a few shots.

Warning: one shot shows full frontal nudity!

Attachments

• fly_a_busa.JPG
    fly_a_busa.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 120
  • full frontal nudity.JPG
    full frontal nudity.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 94
  • plastiplane.JPG
    plastiplane.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 93

SignManiac

Here's a few more pics from earlier... We started with these critical engineered drawings for the design and then converted everything to CNC files to make quick work of cutting the parts.

This is where imagination and technology come together well!

Attachments

• TS-01.jpg
    TS-01.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 86
  • TS-02.jpg
    TS-02.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 100
  • TS-03.jpg
    TS-03.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 105
  • TS-04.jpg
    TS-04.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 117
  • TS-05.jpg
    TS-05.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 103
  • TS-06.jpg
    TS-06.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 110
  • TS-07.jpg
    TS-07.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 104
  • TS-08.jpg
    TS-08.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 101
  • wings-01.jpg
    wings-01.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 79
  • wings-02.jpg
    wings-02.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 83
  • wings-03.jpg
    wings-03.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 101

GP

I was just talking about the coroplane over beers the other night - nice to see the progress.

I will say it again: I can't wait to make some money at this sign hobby of mine so I can start filling my space with toys instead of tools.

GP

Craig Sjoquist

nice showroom and displays

like your plane lol and you expect this to fly and hold together ok be waiting for results but way out cool

SignManiac

GP, give it a good solid 36 years and you too will be having fun at this crazy hobby!

Craig, not to worry! I'm making my business partner the guinea pig, he's the one that wants to be in the pilots seat. I didn't make it this far in life trying to fly a home made plasti-planes :)

Sign Works

Pat, the building is shrinking before my eyes :) It's about 7,000 s.f. but feels like 500 s.f. at times. The coroplane is back on track. Last week we started work on the fuselage. Here's a few shots.

Warning: one shot shows full frontal nudity!

Maniac, you know better than that, the Busa don't need no wings to fly. I actually proved it back in May, went off a cliff on mine. That coro-plane project is amazing.:thumb:

Attachments

• untitled 1.jpg
    untitled 1.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 84
  • untitled 2.jpg
    untitled 2.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 95

SignManiac

Damn Works! I just cried a tear seeing your baby all busted up like that. I'm glad to see you're still here in one piece.

Well it seem we have the same thing in common. Here's my previous 1200s bandit when I was run over by a tractor trailer. I was pretty messed up for a while..

Attachments

• bandit.jpg
    bandit.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 106
  • bike-suzi-bandit1200s.jpg
    bike-suzi-bandit1200s.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 100

Sign Works

Maniac, it's all good, well except for these old bones (trees are pretty unforgiving). That definetly ain't gonna stop me though, 9 days after the wreck I was in route to Oregon to pick up her replacement, an identical 05 with 2K miles on her (ain't she purty?). When people ask me why? I tell them "Hell I live more in 5 minutes on this bike than most people do in a lifetime".

Attachments

• 247.jpg
    247.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 250.jpg
    250.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 284.jpg
    284.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 102