• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex Ink question

quicksigns

My magenta shows low on ink, does it stop to tell me that there is no more ink left and I should replace or does it keeps on running? I have about 5% left, should I replace now or it tells me when its at 0%?

jasonx

My magenta shows low on ink, does it stop to tell me that there is no more ink left and I should replace or does it keeps on running? I have about 5% left, should I replace now or it tells me when its at 0%?

The machine will stop at 0% and let you replace it and keep going it if you do it soon enough I think. It won't beep or anything. It will come up in Onyx too. But I think if you leave it too long it just cancels the job. Had it happen over night.

HulkSmash

our printer beeps when its out in the middle of a print.. no problem at all. Just replace it and it'll continue printing.

RobbyMac

You can choose to replace it via the printer menu, in between prints if you wish also. We've done it once or twice when we had a large run and only 1% left
Otherwise, yeah... you have to babysit it and change out the cartridge during a window of a few minutes.
Onyx has also screwed us when we replace the cartridge, click the pop up window in onyx about the cartridge... and walk away only to find another pop-up appeared a short time later and eventually cancelled the job because noone was paying attention to it.

HulkSmash

we use caldera, and i was running a long print the other night, ink ran out in the middle of the night... replaced the ink in the morning.. continued printing - no issues.

quicksigns

Im at zero percent right now on the magenta and been printing 3in decals with 40% of the decals is magenta for the last hour. waiting for it to run out so I can change it.

quicksigns

How do I pause a print to change out a print or to just fix the take up roll. Is there an option to pause a print on the latex?

ProWraps

replace it as soon as it empties. if you wait too long, the print will cancel.

the nice thing about latex is, there is no noticable band when the ink runs out like solvent.