• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex vs. Ecoslovent

Robert M

Everything I read about the HP latex printers looks very positive. Are there any downsides to these printers. I am looking for info on the smaller 60" printers.
What is the cost per square foot for the inks?
Do they really cost more to run from an electrical standpoint?
What kind of usable print speeds do they have?
Has anyone changed out a print head yet, easy, hard?

thanks

HulkSmash

Robert, We have the latex, and are about to purchase another of their newer models. It's a great machine, stop by anytime to check it out.

HulkSmash

Everything I read about the HP latex printers looks very positive. Are there any downsides to these printers. I am looking for info on the smaller 60" printers.

What is the cost per square foot for the inks?

Cost of inks is about 105 a cartridge.
Around 15-20 cents a sqft .

Do they really cost more to run from an electrical standpoint?
Not that ive ever noticed.

What kind of usable print speeds do they have?
Not the fastest - 110-130 sqft an hr, on faster on speeds about 160-170.

Has anyone changed out a print head yet, easy, hard?
takes 5 seconds. extremely easy.

thanks

answers above

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Robert,

remember that old FJ i bought from you decade ago??? i just gave up on them after about 5 converted ones to switch to the HP....

wow - speed, ease..... haven't even noticed the electric gone up much.

ink is a bit more, but not much, but considering i don't have the waste i used to, or the time spent on maintenance....

happy camper, and a steal at the $12.5k i got it for in oct....

CS-SignSupply-TT

hp latex october sale

Robert,

remember that old FJ i bought from you decade ago??? i just gave up on them after about 5 converted ones to switch to the HP....

wow - speed, ease..... haven't even noticed the electric gone up much.

ink is a bit more, but not much, but considering i don't have the waste i used to, or the time spent on maintenance....

happy camper, and a steal at the $12.5k i got it for in oct....

Robert, check out BigFishDM (Merchant Member) to see if he has any SALE machines available

Robert M

That Roland

Dave
I remember you driving all the way from NY to pick up that printer.
Thanks for the info on the old Roland FJ. That was 10+ years ago and that was one of the first units we converted to solvent. As I recall we were using a pretty high solvent ink back then. Nice to see you are using latex now, I myself can't be in a room with high solvent printers anymore.
So do you think there would be a market for a print/cut latex printer?
What would you change on the HP if you could?

Let me know