• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

lay it on me !!!!!!

signwizz

this is a logo for a company that wants these colours in the logo just had a hard time incorporating all the elements dance karate and music lol!!!
let me know what u think
shane

Attachments

• triple arts logo.jpg
    triple arts logo.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 85

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The round part isn't half bad other than the bilious colors and the dubious type face. You might want to make the music notes larger and perhaps simpler, right now it looks like a bird crapped on it.

The tag line at top is awful. In typeface doesn't work and it doesn't seem to be an integral part of anything. It's just floating there above the action. Maybe bend it around the circle or perhaps drop it down over the circle and put a bit of a wave in it to clear the top or bottom of the circle, depending. Shrug.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Wow. I got a few things right this time.

Whenever I see one of these design reviews, I make a few mental notes first, and then go on to see what other's say.

I think Bob has some good suggestions.

JB

Jillbeans

* Kerning is off on name
* KARATE DANCE MUSIC need to be separated with bullet points
* Karate guy looks like he's dangling a limp d!ck

Try moving the name to the bottom of the circle and placing it inside a panel of some sort.
It's kind of just hovering at the top of the icon.
I would make three circles with a picture in each, or the karate guy in one and the dance guy in the other with the old yin/yang in the center.
It needs a lot of work.
Love....Jill
Edited to add a quick suggestion, no icons because I'm lazy.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 57

MikePro

could have had more fun with the music notes and the yingyang symbol... like using the notes as part of the line between the black/white?

nwsigns

It looks like 2 separate logos as it is, I would work them into a more cohesive look and then minimize the yellow as an accent color.

signmeup

Try Jills idea. And get a better karate guy. That one is showing atrocious form. What the heck is he doing with that upper arm?

Have you tried a red circle with yellow lettering?

phototec

The round part isn't half bad other than the bilious colors and the dubious type face. You might want to make the music notes larger and perhaps simpler, right now it looks like a bird crapped on it.

The tag line at top is awful. In typeface doesn't work and it doesn't seem to be an integral part of anything. It's just floating there above the action. Maybe bend it around the circle or perhaps drop it down over the circle and put a bit of a wave in it to clear the top or bottom of the circle, depending.

* Kerning is off on name
* KARATE DANCE MUSIC need to be separated with bullet points
* Karate guy looks like he's dangling a limp d!ck

Try moving the name to the bottom of the circle and placing it inside a panel of some sort.
It's kind of just hovering at the top of the icon.

could have had more fun with the music notes and the yingyang symbol... like using the notes as part of the line between the black/white?

It looks like 2 separate logos as it is, I would work them into a more cohesive look and then minimize the yellow as an accent color.

I agree with all the advice above, needs WORK!

showcase 66

IT seems way off balance. If I am not mistaken, the Yin Yang is suppose to represent balance in the world. To me the 3 items in the logo other than the Yin Yang, are not equal.

I have worked with a karate place here ( I say karate but I have no idea what form of the art it is) and He gave me strict instruction about the Yin Yang symbol for his logo. I was told if used in the wrong way can be very dis respectful to others.

Might be something to think about.

GypsyGraphics

m assuming you know more about this client than what you've mentioned here.

i often get clients who's business' i don't understand... i can't create a visual representation of something i don't get.

my questions would be...

do they ACTUALLY TEACH music? the name implies they do but my impression is that they just preform to music.... but that would be a silly thing to have to mention because, how else could they teach dance? if they do in fact teach music, then the musical element should be as prominent as the two figures and not an after thought... and just one element representing each. find a way to creatively use just one musical note.

if they don't teach music. their business model is silly, as if they just liked the name Triple Arts and threw in the music factor to try and make the name work. if that's the case, it's not likely that you'll get them to change their name. i'm thinking that must be why you have the music notes looking like chicken scratch sprinkled in there.

kinda anxious to hear what their business is

signwizz

yes agree with all just at a wall with this they wanted karate guy dancer music notes and the colours but think i will go somewhat along jills lines ans yes they teach all of whats mentioned
thanx shane