• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lenticular display with fins

10sacer

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with manufacturing the fin type of lenticular display?
I can figure out how to make it - seems pretty straightforward. My question is how do you determine the distance between each fin to gain the optimal image viewing?
Do you need to distort the image to get it to work properly?
I understand there is a limited sight angle where it all works anyway, but want the optimal sight angle to be flawless.

See example attached.

Attachments

• Lenticular.png
    Lenticular.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 343

JBurton

Signtologist
Hmmm, great question. Saw some billboards done in a similar fashion, initially I thought just stick a sheet, slice it apart, then space the panels apart just so. This one is more complicated, and as I think about it I don't know that my idea would work. Let me think on this, as it was incredibly eye catching driving down the road.

Ah, I think this one they were just clever. Let's say the fins are 6" deep, and spaced on 6" centers. In theory, just make all your sections at 6" width, and apply to the corresponding areas. The copy in this instance is not 'square' when viewed from either off center points, so there aren't any tough calculations to be had. The one I recall was a 'square' set of text that was garbled until the proper angle is reached, where it suddenly becomes legible. If I find a picture I'll put it up here.

JBurton

Signtologist
Looks like what they are doing here, but in a non triangular form. I like your example better, somewhat cleaner look between angles.

10sacer

Looks like what they are doing here, but in a non triangular form. I like your example better, somewhat cleaner look between angles.
Yeah, you can go to youtube and look up lenticular displays and we have a bunch of the triangle ones on there that we (Heritage Signs and Displays) have done and we get requests every week to make more. They are a logistical pain in the butt to make and install. The fin type would ship alot easier and be pretty simple to install and change out if ever needed.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I wouldn't sweat the specifics too much. The graphic basically just continues across each piece as if it were flat They never really read too smoothly.

Installation is straightforward. I've installed quite a few and essentially all have been done with a single z-clip in the centers. You can put clips at the top and bottom but it's overkill and often useless. If the wall surface fluctuates, you won't get all of the clips to slide in, so it's easier just to do the centers.

PXL_20221213_184051472.jpg
PXL_20221213_184016288.jpg
Screenshot_20230616-111610.png