• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lets Eat Grandpa!

Border

LOL. Happy Hump Day!

Attachments

• LetsEatGrandpa.jpg
    LetsEatGrandpa.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 107

2NinerNiner2

A very good, and humorous, read on this subject.

http://www.amazon.com/Eats-Shoots-Leaves-Tolerance-Punctuation/dp/1592400876

From the description:

"A panda walked into a cafe. He ordered a sandwich, ate it, then pulled out a gun and shot the waiter. 'Why?' groaned the injured man. The panda shrugged, tossed him a badly punctuated wildlife manual and walked out. And sure enough, when the waiter consulted the book, he found an explanation. 'Panda,' ran the entry for his assailant. 'Large black and white mammal native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves.' We see signs in shops every day for "Banana's" and even "Gateaux's". Competition rules remind us: "The judges decision is final." Now, many punctuation guides already exist explaining the principles of the apostrophe; the comma; the semi-colon. These books do their job but somehow punctuation abuse does not diminish. Why? Because people who can't punctuate don't read those books! Of course they don't! They laugh at books like those! Eats, Shoots and Leaves adopts a more militant approach and attempts to recruit an army of punctuation vigilantes: send letters back with the punctuation corrected. Do not accept sloppy emails. Climb ladders at dead of night with a pot of paint to remove the redundant apostrophe in "Video's sold here".

GypsyGraphics

doug... you freaked me out with "happy hump day" since i was reading this Tuesday night.

i thought... OMG, is it really Wednesday... my turkey's not going to be done in time!!!
but then i clicked the link and saw your back-up plan.
so, do grandpa's taste like turkey?

Border

doug... you freaked me out with "happy hump day" since i was reading this Tuesday night.

i thought... OMG, is it really Wednesday... my turkey's not going to be done in time!!!
but then i clicked the link and saw your back-up plan.
so, do grandpa's taste like turkey?

I would guess they probably taste more like ToFurkey...complete with little yellowed toenails as a garnish.