• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

lexus ls-430

Hey guys thanks in advance for all the help, we have a customer that is wanting to do a full wrap on his 2004 Lexus Ls-430. We are having

a heck of a time finding a template and the customer doesn't have the car yet for us to measure. Ive went down every avenue that i know

of to find this template and can't. The vehicle will be available late next week but that is just killing my timeline so if anyone has done a

wrap on one before or know of somewhere to purchase the template you're help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

rjssigns

This is what we do:
Step 1) Find pics on the web or take our own at a car lot.
Step 2) Go the mfg's. web site and get a couple critical dimensions. We use wheel diameter, wheelbase, overall length, overall height etc...
Step 3) Bring into Ai and scale to one of the dimensions.
Step 4) Double check against wheelbase etc... Ta-Da!

We do very little in the way of wraps so it doesn't pay for us to have the Pro vehicle outlines. This method works a treat and is quite simple.

Dennis422

Take a pic of the vehicle straight on. Measure on of the dimensions with the tape measure (Try to find something that is straight).
Brig the pic in illustrator and draw a rectangle that is the size you measured and lock it. Scale the image so the rectangle fits right into the area you measured.

You got your template.