• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lines in my print??

The Sign Dude

anyone know what would cause this. Maybe its a software problem but it only happens when I print a large file. I am using Flexi pro 8.1v1 with a mutoh falcon outdoor jr. this was printed off of an image supplied by the customer so I tried recreating it and still had the same problem.

Attachments

• Image014.jpg
    Image014.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 108

deejay

Hmmm thats pretty wierd. We use Flexi here also but never had aproblem like that before. What RIP software you using? Is there a clip and tile option in it? If so check that, I know in Versa Works theres an option there that would contribute to that.

Good Luck

Rooster

Check the original file. From what I see there it's not running through all the colors so it's not a printer problem. It appears as if it just affects the background image since the yellow star isn't showing the same line.

Rasterize (open) it in photoshop (a great test RIP) to see if it shows up there. Make sure you view it @ 100% magnification. Sometimes .eps (and .pdf) files will automatically tile a single image across multiple boxes and leave a little gap (1 pixel or so) between them.

I agree that it looks like a file issue rather than a printer issue. FLattening the file into a raster file (in Photoshop or PhotoPaint) would be the definitive test.

Bob

deejay

Nice one Rooster, I failed to see there was no gap in the star. Looks like its in the file.

The Sign Dude

I printed the file the customer sent me and got the same results as the file I created (designed in flexi)
I am using the flexi RIP
the blue background was a raster image which is the only part the lines show up in.
I agree with the idea its a file issue but why did it do the same thing on the file I created?

zgraphics

Magnetify the image and check if the lines are there. Changes are that they are there..
the customer probably designs on a generic software. It has to be the file... Good luck