• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Liquid Laminate

Jackpine

I use Krylon gloss or satin ( they have flat also) in spray bombs. I get mine at WalMart Two light costs perpendicular to each other but give the print time to evaporate the water and the Krylon to cure before handling the print.
So you would use liquid lam?

MikePro

for banners with webbing/texture, ONLY use liquid laminate.
if you were roll laminating anything, using a heat gun during the process would be useless. Cold laminates are designed to be as such... basically just clear vinyl. post-heat after application, if you want to remove any "silvering"/bubbles.

clear spray bombs are also an easy way to laminate, BUT your print should still be dry prior to doing-so or you'll wind up in the same situation.

Jackpine

Not after it dries. I pin the prints in a cloths line to spray. I have an exhaust fan to remove the order and particles. I use this on pigment prints form an Epson inkjet. I use the spray on canvas, paper photo and poster and PhotoTex.

Jackpine do you have a problem with the print being tackie after the 2 coats?

Crazyaods

Just an update here. I got the can of Clear Jet and tested my banner with it. So I printed the banner let it dry for about an hour and then applied the Clear jet. Everything came out good with it. The spray didn't leave a tacky feeling on the print. Thanks for the help everyone. :thankyou:

Jackpine

Sounds like your other can of spray/liquid laminate was bad. For pigment printing I print the banner at a high speed and and get great resolution and color. I can spray laminate in an hour without problems. I do two light coats perpendicular to each coat. Depending on use you can use scrim or smooth material. For real fast and cheap you could use polypropylene material. Banners are temporary in nature.
Just an update here. I got the can of Clear Jet and tested my banner with it. So I printed the banner let it dry for about an hour and then applied the Clear jet. Everything came out good with it. The spray didn't leave a tacky feeling on the print. Thanks for the help everyone. :thankyou: