• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Liquid Laminators?? any suggestions or reviews

kkamauu

I am looking into getting a liquid laminator. Maybe a basic one for now like the 60" roll to roll.

A couple questions -

1. It talks about loading roll to roll but will it take sheet fed? like a small poster at a time? If not is there a way to tape the poster to a roll to roll media to get it through as a work around?

2. Is there significant savings? since you are buying liquid lam versus rolls.

3. any known issues? bubbles or imperfections?

4. I will be using primarily for car wraps, adhesive vinyls, possible canvas ( i read that laminating canvas on liquid lam enhanced the prints).

? Help

Mahalo (thanks) in advance!!

Aloha

AUTO-FX

I never used liquid lam, but one thing that comes to mind - if you do a large batch, you need to have enough space for all that stuff to lay around and dry. Not sure if it can be hung while drying - may need lots of table space. And how long does it have to dry before you can handle it? And so, if you have to have prints off the printer hanging around outgassing for 12-24 hours, and then prints laying around drying for another 12-24 after laminating, that's a real concern.

Sticky Signs

Only used one liquid laminator about 10 years ago so I'm basing this on old technology. I don't remember the model number but it was a Seal and about 11' wide. Let's just say that I hated that machine. An absolute nightmare to run and even worse to maintain. With that being said, new technology may make the liquid process much more user friendly but I recommend you go out and try one and see for yourself if that's a can of worms that you really want to open.

HulkSmash

If i had the type of work to use that machine, i'd invest in a heartbeat! These things are amazing. IT really adds a new touch to business cards and booklets. and just single sheets in general.

We have a Neschen Accucure 60" it is a 60" UV curable liquid laminator.

It is a must have for making flatbed prints POP with color and extend durability. As well as meet any spec needed for Transit graphics (bus kings and queens) that need to be coated.

Would not ever do vehicle graphics or wraps with this... Premask is a bitch and installers bitching is even worse!!

Lam cost is about $.03 s/f. Machine is $58K. and well worth it!!! Not sure of the 80" price.

http://www.neschenbrands.com/websites/sealbrands/neschen.nsf/htmlalias/lcsaccucure60uv&80uv

Letterbox Mike

+1 on not using it for wraps. I've you've never installed a wrap that was liquid laminated I suggest you do before you buy one just for that purpose, you'll quickly change your mind. Unless your volume of canvas prints is huge, invest in a decent roll laminator instead, you'll be much happier that route. Liquid laminate has it's place and for certain things it's a must, but for what you're listing out, it's probably the wrong avenue.

And yes, most roll-to-roll film laminators will allow you to laminate a sheet very easily. probably more than 75% of what we laminate is sheet and not fed off a roll.

kkamauu

thank you everyone very much - looks like for the vehicle wraps ill stick with the pressure sensitive lam that we do now.

But still maybe a good investment for all our POP signage that we do. We are looking at getting a flatbed printer - so I will do some test runs on the liquid before we actually buy. taking into consideration that it would only be for certain products.

hows the cleanup on the Neschen Accucure? is it hard daily process or not too bad?