• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Loading Graphtec Software

blufftonsignguy

I just moved into a new computer. Short history, I was windows 7 as a 32 bit machine. I am now running windows 7 as a 64 bit machine. I have a graphtec FC-8000-75. I tried to load everything from the disk. Everything starts out loading just fine. When it gets to loading the driver it just stops on me with no explanation. I went to Graphtec's website thinking it was an old disk and would not work on a 64 bit machine. I download the software from the website (for a 64 bit machine), it gives me the same problem. The plotter is turned off and is plugged into the computer. I have tried every combination other than putting my foot behind my head and hanging my tongue out the left side of my mouth! Any help out there?

Oh and I have tried to call Graphtec a couple of times and emailed them my problem. It's been 4 hours and nothing yet!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Are you logged in as Admin?
if you are try holding down the Crtl and Shift key when you click on the installer and run it at the admin level when it asks you to.
Maybe log off the net and turn off all anti-virus and firewall stuff (if you trust the package you downloaded from Graphtec).
Not sure what else might be the problem
I am running their drivers & cutting master on Win7 64bit.

wayne k
guam usa

Snydo

I'm pretty sure your plotter should not be connected in any way to your PC while installing drivers, at least Graphtecs.

Upon further review....see attached.

Attachments

• fc8000.PNG
    fc8000.PNG
    35.8 KB · Views: 96

blufftonsignguy

After finally getting a phone call back from graphtec tech support today, he seems to think my firewall is blocking me from loading the software. I was logged in as admin so that couldn't have been the problem. I feel sure now it was the firewall blocking me, but as usual, I couldn't get a phone call from them while I am in front of my computer, it has to be when I am away from it and can't get back to it to solve the problem. Thanks for your advice though, as always it is very much appreciated!