• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a Pest Control fleet...

grafixemporium

I saw some pictures of a fleet of wraps for a pest control company that was done very well somewhere a few months ago. I have no idea if it was on here, in SignCraft or in the Wraps magazine. Basically, each vehicle was identical except for the animated "pest" on each one. The fleet looked phenomenal. I was discussing ideas with a client of ours today and wanted to show her that fleet to illustrate a concept I was trying to describe for her fleet (no, not a pest control company)... but I couldn't find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about??

Thanks!

Andrew

grafixemporium

... and you only give yourself a 6.

Honestly Dan, I don't know how you have the time to do such phenomenal work and then write about it for SignCraft!

Were those HHRs full wraps or spot graphics?

Dan Antonelli

They were spots. In general, we don't usually advocate full wraps unless we think there is a compelling reason for one. In this case, the goal was to brand them more fleet-like, and with the striping and supergraphic, keep a more corporate brand.

Another pest control company about 2 hours away, (not a competitor) tracked us down to do their HHRs. I gave them pricing for the design work for one - which I said if it remained vector based would be $1000. I sent them the PDF of the article as well as a few others about wraps and vehicle advertising. So in my mind, Im thinking that if I was this guy, I would think -'Wow, I'm pretty lucky to find this guy given his expertise and body of work'.

But he emails me back saying his 'marketing company' can do the design for $500. Laughed my ass of on that. So after reading the success of my design for the company I did it for - and how many thousands of dollars I saved them in other advertising, you're gonna 'save' $500 with someone else? Good luck with that pal!

Goes to show you that no matter how successful some small businesses are, most are not too bright when it comes to marketing and advertising. And I'm very happy to not work for people like that. If you can't understand that we don't cost you money, we make you money - then good luck.

JR's

Goes to show you that no matter how successful some small businesses are, most are not too bright when it comes to marketing and advertising. And I'm very happy to not work for people like that. If you can't understand that we don't cost you money, we make you money - then good luck.

:thumb::thumb: nice Dan

JR

grafixemporium

They were spots. In general, we don't usually advocate full wraps unless we think there is a compelling reason for one...

This is not a blanket statement... it depends on the job, client, budget, fleet, etc... but I typically try to push a wrap over spot graphics on newer fleets. To use your pest control fleet as an example, in a few years when they are ready to strip those cars and sell them for newer models, the effects of the sun on the exposed areas of paint are going to seriously devalue the cars. If they were completely wrapped in new condition, they will still be in new condition when the wraps are removed.

Looking at that pest fleet and the amount of spot graphics on it, I also tend to think it would be less labor intensive and time consuming to wrap than it would be to print/lam/cut/premask and register all those spot graphics on the cars.

Just my 2 cents. It's still an amazing looking fleet and very creative!

Dan Antonelli

Sure - point taken. - And as I said, unless there is a compelling reason for a full wrap. In this case, budget was allocated to some different areas, and there was a savings realized by not doing full wraps versus spot. But the advice about resale is a good one, and one I will consider more, and advise clients of. This guy owns these vehicles and usually keep them for 10 years or so.

I think in general, I'm biased against full wraps - presumably because most are not done well.