• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Aluminum Radius sheer and hole punch

Stroker

Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm looking for a machine that will sheer or cut the different size radii and possibly punch the holes of a sign blank as well. I will be using .063 and .080 aluminum most of time. I need something that will be produce fast blanks. I already own a hydraulic sheer and am looking to make and sell sign blanks and signs on a large scale.

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

John L

The corner rounders that I have seen marketed to the sign trade won't hold up very well to major production runs. If you are going to be doing major volume you should netsearch for a "Hydraulic Notcher" and look for one that has a corner rounding die available.

Expect to pay pretty big though. We have a Euro Mac (sp?) brand and it cost me more than $10,000 with the die set about 8 years ago, used. Ours will do V notches, slotted bolt holes, rounds, squares, rounded end straight notches, etc. I recall looking at the invoice and thinking "thats a whole lot corner rounding". At the time, we had a huge municipal job and it was considered a "free" tool after the first few months.

Best of luck.

Mosh

We have a Hydro Iron Wroker. It has 4 different radius, 12 hole sizes (1/2-1/16) 90* and 45* notchers, 14" shear (up to 1/2 mild steel). It ran us around $4k new.

ova

I would suggest trying a tool and die making shop. Seems like it might be kind of pricey since you'll need several different dies for the different sizes of sign blanks. Each would have it's own radius.

Might also try searching on some used machine shop equipment sites. Sometimes you'll find a deal or two.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave