• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LOOKING FOR HDU Colonial Panels

Vinylman

I am in need of several Colonial panels. They measure Approx. 40" wide X 32" high. They have a rectangular shape with a raised center panel. Originally these where made by a company called S&S and sold by a number of sign suppliers. They are [or where] made of cast HDU. they came with primed front faces ready to paint or decorate as needed. They where 2" thick, and quite substantial in construction.

If anyone has one or two laying around and would be interested in selling me several please let me know. I need them right away to complete a customer request.

Thanks in advance for any information that will help me locate these panels.
SEE ATTACHED photo for reference

Attachments

• Cast Colonial Panel.jpg
    Cast Colonial Panel.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Vinylman

S&S HDU panels

ANYONE? know where to get these panels??
Perhaps you have one laying around the shop and would consider selling it?

Let me know.

Billct2

Carvagio makes these types of blanks.
But I know last time I went looking for one the style and size I wanted wasn't available anymore.

letterman7

Yep. Caravagio has them, just not in that size. Might be better off having someone mill you one out of 2" HDU and router finish the edges.

Vinylman

Found my source. I will be getting 3 new plaques exactly what I needed.
I was SHOCKED @ the higher cost of these units compared to what they used to sell for 10 years ago. However, like everything else the prices of raw materials has certainly gone up also.
THANKS to those who stepped up with information.

Carvagio was willing to replicate what I was looking for, BUT there was going to be a mold charge of over $500, + the cost of each piece.

Just to steep for this project, and my client.