• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Looking for suggestions for a sticker/label maker...rolled...

okeesignguy

We make a considerable amount of stickers and labels in our shop, sometimes buy the hundreds...
We use a Roland Versa Cam 54" printer so giving to the customer in rolls is impossible as far as I know...
People ask for that all the time and the new owners here are thinking about a printer that is designed to do just that...

Any of you have any suggestions for printers or comments on the matter I would love to hear them...
Thank you!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I was at a customer's one time and they had a machine that they would load with the printed and cut roll from their roll to roll printer, and it would roll the material through the machine while weeding and slitting it in to rolls. Not sure what it was called but it does exist!

okeesignguy

I was at a customer's one time and they had a machine that they would load with the printed and cut roll from their roll to roll printer, and it would roll the material through the machine while weeding and slitting it in to rolls. Not sure what it was called but it does exist!
Yes sir they do but that is about all I know about them as well...thanx for the input!

rjssigns

We make a considerable amount of stickers and labels in our shop, sometimes buy the hundreds...
We use a Roland Versa Cam 54" printer so giving to the customer in rolls is impossible as far as I know...
People ask for that all the time and the new owners here are thinking about a printer that is designed to do just that...

Any of you have any suggestions for printers or comments on the matter I would love to hear them...
Thank you!
If you do a considerable volume you may want to look into a dedicated label press. They will print, laminate, contour cut, slit and reroll automatically. Lots of them just a quick Google search away. If you buy one get it with the laser cutter. Able to cut any shape you want at stupid fast speed.

okeesignguy

If you do a considerable volume you may want to look into a dedicated label press. They will print, laminate, contour cut, slit and reroll automatically. Lots of them just a quick Google search away. If you buy one get it with the laser cutter. Able to cut any shape you want at stupid fast speed.
yes....that is what we are looking for but what I am asking for is specific suggestions and recommendations of specific printers that folks on here currently use...
I apologize if I was too vague in my original question...
Thank you for your input!

CanuckSigns

Depending on your quantities epson makes some label printers the take pre weeded rolls and print on them, it's slower than other machines but much less expensive.

rjssigns

yes....that is what we are looking for but what I am asking for is specific suggestions and recommendations of specific printers that folks on here currently use...
I apologize if I was too vague in my original question...
Thank you for your input!
Ahh...okay. Not sure anyone here has a dedicated label press. I'm also curious if they run as well as the manufacturer claims.

okeesignguy

In our searching we are finding "label" printers and to me a "label" is a sticker on an item...a bottle or pc of equipment etc...probably inside...
What we want is more for what I would consider a "sticker"...something durable enough to be outside, like on a vehicle for example...

We get companies that want 100 or a few hundred small stickers of their logo for example to give to customers and friends to put on their truck window or bumper or tailgate etc...
Or lots of times we make them for A/C companies or water treatment companies etc for "service" stickers...

To me...that is NOT a "label".....it is a "sticker".....preferably laminated...

We make them now in our 54" printer which is fine however people like them in a roll and not a stack...

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I don't think that the quality is the same on roll labels vs large format with laminate? One of these big sticker places uses a pile of graphtec plotters so it can be done efficiently.

CanuckSigns

In our searching we are finding "label" printers and to me a "label" is a sticker on an item...a bottle or pc of equipment etc...probably inside...
What we want is more for what I would consider a "sticker"...something durable enough to be outside, like on a vehicle for example...

We get companies that want 100 or a few hundred small stickers of their logo for example to give to customers and friends to put on their truck window or bumper or tailgate etc...
Or lots of times we make them for A/C companies or water treatment companies etc for "service" stickers...

To me...that is NOT a "label".....it is a "sticker".....preferably laminated...

We make them now in our 54" printer which is fine however people like them in a roll and not a stack...
For a few hundred, the best way is to do what you are doing,a properroll label printer is not set up for printing small batches of a few hundred.

these machines might work https://afinialabel.com/digital-label-printers/l801-industrial-color-label-printer/

the printers themselves are pretty reasonable, but the finishers if you need to do custom sizes or laminate get very expensive

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Print on full width roll, kiss cut, weed (or don't weed depending on requirements), roll back up and cut into small rolls on a miter saw or on a slitting machine;

miter saw is cheaper but messy

slitting machine is clean but more expensive than miter saw
Any idea of what a slitter runs price wise?

okeesignguy

I think I've seen some for $3k for basic ones and $10k for higher end. Worth it if doing a good amount of slitting.

I use a miter saw and it works just messy/loud. I'll usually cut 2-3 rolls per week into smaller rolls and it take 2 minutes to cut and then 10 minutes to clean up the mess
I have actually cut rolls of vinyl on my band saw too :)