• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Low Acid Paper?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have a customer looking for cheap historical photo reprints...
Anyways, I have a nice roll of Sihl 3686 Trisolv here already. It prints great for all that we've done in the past. However, the customer has requested a "low acid" paper for this project. I know nothing about the acidity of the paper & cannot find any info online.

Will this material work?
What material would you recommend?
(printing with Epson GS6000)

BPI Color

You're going to have to call Sihl directly. They do NOT rate that paper as acid free. They do have other papers they rate as acid-free and archival. You're going to have to calculate the cost versus reward on this.
Good luck, I feel your pain on this one.

rfulford

Acid free or PH Neutral papers are primarily used with aqueous printing. I do not know of any for the GS6000.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Supplier is delivering a roll of GFPHOTO around noon.
We'll see how it goes...

Supplier recommended another brand also, but rolls were two days away from here.

Sihl's paper is supposedly acid-free, but the coating that's on it for the solvent to adhere to is not.

Attachments

• gfphoto_fb.pdf
    195.1 KB · Views: 137

Rooster

Acid free papers are pointless when you print with a solvent printer.

They only work with aqueous inks. Sure you can print on them with the GS6000, but they're no longer PH neutral due to the solvents in the ink.