• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mac, Parallels, Adobe help question

CES020

I have a quick question for some of the computer gurus here. I have a macbook pro, and I'm new to Mac. I put parallels on it and installed Windows 7 Ultimate. I wanted to install my CS4 package on it. It installed fine, but I'm having a registration issue.

I upgraded from Macromedia MX to CS4. At the time I did, on Adobe's site, it showed that as a valid upgrade path. However, when I installed it on my PC, and it asked me to select the software I was upgrading from, Studio MX wasn't a choice. So I had to call Adobe and get a Challenge Code to enter, which took me past it all.

So fast forward to today, I hit the same issue, there are no Macromedia products to select as the software I'm upgrading from.

I called Adobe and they reviewed the history and said "Just hold down the shift and control key and double click the left mouse button".

I do that, nothing happens. They tell me to do it at least 5 times. I do, nothing happens.

We go round and round and round and round and then round some more. Nothing is working.

Now, despite me opening my statement and repeatedly saying "I'm using this on Mac hardware running Parallels", it apparently meant nothing until the end, when they said "Oh, sorry, you must be running Parallels, we don't support that".

The problem is that they are telling me that on a windows machine, you hold down the control key, the shift key and double click. When I do that on the mac, nothing happens. So I tried every thing I could. The apple key, the shift key, double click, etc. Still nothing.

I suspect there is a way to achieve that same function, but that person said they didn't know how, and this was the first call they had taken about a mac issue, so they didn't know how to help on the keyboard side of things.

Anyone got any ideas how to get this magical series duplicated in Parallels on a mac, so I can get that pop up for the Challenge code.

They are more than happy to give me the code, I just can't get to the screen that asks me for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.